Mar 25, 2011, 11:13 AM EDT
The Charlotte Bobcats are the 10 seed in the East as you read this, three games back of the 8 seed Pacers with a dozen games to play. So, not impossible to make up. It’s also not impossible you are going to win the Mega Millions lottery. Doesn’t mean you should start spending the money.
With the long odds, coach Paul Silas is thinking about shutting Stephen Jackson down for the season. Jackson is trying to play through a strained hamstring during the playoff push, but he is clearly hobbling and his shot has been effected.
Not that he will go quietly — Jackson wants to play, reports the Charlotte Observer.
“If they shut me down the rest of the season, it’s their decision,” said Jackson, the Bobcats’ leading scorer this season. “It won’t be mine.”
Due to the injury Jackson is not putting up points for the offensively challenged Bobcats — nobody is, Kwame Brown led the team with 16 points in a key loss to the Pacers Wednesday. You read that right, Kwame Brown. When he leads your team in scoring, you have issues.
Jackson’s hamstring is also hurting the Bobcats on the other end of the floor, where he was unable to guard the Pacers Danny Granger, who proceeded to go off for 33.
The Bobcats may not be ready to throw in the towel yet, but they will be soon. And when they do, it’s time to sit Jackson. No reason to put him through that, to risk further injury, for games that are increasingly meaningless.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15