Mar 24, 2011, 9:08 AM EDT
One night after he completed what still might be the block of the year, JaVale McGee put up one that could challenge it. In part part just because he was swatting Blake Griffin. Consider it some Dunk Contest payback.
The impressive part of this is really that McGee gets just burned on the pump fake by Chris Kaman, and a lot of nights that would have been it as McGee gave up on the play. But Wednesday night he hustled back and came flying in for the moster block.
McGee is a special athlete, not a lot of bigs in the Association make this block.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 22
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 19
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20