Mar 24, 2011, 7:35 PM EDT
According to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee, Sacramento Kings guard Tyreke Evans is “probable” for Friday’s game against the Indiana Pacers. Evans has struggled with injuries all season long, and has missed the last 19 games due to plantar faciitis.
The Kings have gone 5-14 in the 19 games that Evans has missed, and currently hold an overall record of 18-52. Evans’ rookie season was eye-popping, but injuries have put his ascent to the upper echelon of NBA guards on hiatus this season. Beno Udrih and new acquisition Marcus Thornton have done reasonably well, but if the Kings want to avoid another dismal season next year, they will need Evans to be at 100% and playing like the franchise player he seemed capable of becoming his rookie year.
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 32
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 52
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8