Mar 24, 2011, 7:35 PM EDT
According to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee, Sacramento Kings guard Tyreke Evans is “probable” for Friday’s game against the Indiana Pacers. Evans has struggled with injuries all season long, and has missed the last 19 games due to plantar faciitis.
The Kings have gone 5-14 in the 19 games that Evans has missed, and currently hold an overall record of 18-52. Evans’ rookie season was eye-popping, but injuries have put his ascent to the upper echelon of NBA guards on hiatus this season. Beno Udrih and new acquisition Marcus Thornton have done reasonably well, but if the Kings want to avoid another dismal season next year, they will need Evans to be at 100% and playing like the franchise player he seemed capable of becoming his rookie year.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30