Mar 24, 2011, 7:35 PM EDT
According to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee, Sacramento Kings guard Tyreke Evans is “probable” for Friday’s game against the Indiana Pacers. Evans has struggled with injuries all season long, and has missed the last 19 games due to plantar faciitis.
The Kings have gone 5-14 in the 19 games that Evans has missed, and currently hold an overall record of 18-52. Evans’ rookie season was eye-popping, but injuries have put his ascent to the upper echelon of NBA guards on hiatus this season. Beno Udrih and new acquisition Marcus Thornton have done reasonably well, but if the Kings want to avoid another dismal season next year, they will need Evans to be at 100% and playing like the franchise player he seemed capable of becoming his rookie year.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38