Mar 24, 2011, 7:35 PM EST
According to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee, Sacramento Kings guard Tyreke Evans is “probable” for Friday’s game against the Indiana Pacers. Evans has struggled with injuries all season long, and has missed the last 19 games due to plantar faciitis.
The Kings have gone 5-14 in the 19 games that Evans has missed, and currently hold an overall record of 18-52. Evans’ rookie season was eye-popping, but injuries have put his ascent to the upper echelon of NBA guards on hiatus this season. Beno Udrih and new acquisition Marcus Thornton have done reasonably well, but if the Kings want to avoid another dismal season next year, they will need Evans to be at 100% and playing like the franchise player he seemed capable of becoming his rookie year.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10