Mar 24, 2011, 7:35 PM EDT
According to Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee, Sacramento Kings guard Tyreke Evans is “probable” for Friday’s game against the Indiana Pacers. Evans has struggled with injuries all season long, and has missed the last 19 games due to plantar faciitis.
The Kings have gone 5-14 in the 19 games that Evans has missed, and currently hold an overall record of 18-52. Evans’ rookie season was eye-popping, but injuries have put his ascent to the upper echelon of NBA guards on hiatus this season. Beno Udrih and new acquisition Marcus Thornton have done reasonably well, but if the Kings want to avoid another dismal season next year, they will need Evans to be at 100% and playing like the franchise player he seemed capable of becoming his rookie year.
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 7
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 40
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 17
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 13
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 52