Mar 24, 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
But it was part of an ongoing medical issue Daniels faced — because of his spinal cord when he would get his neck bent certain ways he would go numb. (The collapse happened when he tried to sweep through Gilbert Arenas and his neck got bent.)
Next week Daniels will have surgery on his bruised spinal cord to hopefully relieve that pressure, his agent told the Boston Globe.
“The hope is that it will relieve the episodes that he’s having, going numb when he gets hit,” (agent Mark) Bartelstein said. “He’s in good spirits now that the surgery’s set.”
Daniels was traded to the Kings at the deadline for a future second round pick. The goal is for him to return to the court next season (whenever that starts).
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 18
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9