Mar 24, 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
But it was part of an ongoing medical issue Daniels faced — because of his spinal cord when he would get his neck bent certain ways he would go numb. (The collapse happened when he tried to sweep through Gilbert Arenas and his neck got bent.)
Next week Daniels will have surgery on his bruised spinal cord to hopefully relieve that pressure, his agent told the Boston Globe.
“The hope is that it will relieve the episodes that he’s having, going numb when he gets hit,” (agent Mark) Bartelstein said. “He’s in good spirits now that the surgery’s set.”
Daniels was traded to the Kings at the deadline for a future second round pick. The goal is for him to return to the court next season (whenever that starts).
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 2
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 4
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 7
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31