Mar 24, 2011, 11:36 AM EST
But it was part of an ongoing medical issue Daniels faced — because of his spinal cord when he would get his neck bent certain ways he would go numb. (The collapse happened when he tried to sweep through Gilbert Arenas and his neck got bent.)
Next week Daniels will have surgery on his bruised spinal cord to hopefully relieve that pressure, his agent told the Boston Globe.
“The hope is that it will relieve the episodes that he’s having, going numb when he gets hit,” (agent Mark) Bartelstein said. “He’s in good spirits now that the surgery’s set.”
Daniels was traded to the Kings at the deadline for a future second round pick. The goal is for him to return to the court next season (whenever that starts).
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 0
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13