Mar 23, 2011, 10:13 AM EDT
Usually we like the dramatic stuff, the blocked shot that sends the ball four rows deep and is punctuated by a scream.
Coaches, they don’t like that as much, because now the other team just takes the ball out of bounds. They talk about how old-timers like Celtics legend Bill Russell blocked shots but directed it back to teammates. Keep the ball in bounds.
Or, just grab it. Rip it out of their hands. Like Washington’s JaVale McGee did to Portland’s Wesley Mathews Tuesday. This was the best block I’ve seen this season.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 20
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 18
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26