Mar 23, 2011, 10:13 AM EDT
Usually we like the dramatic stuff, the blocked shot that sends the ball four rows deep and is punctuated by a scream.
Coaches, they don’t like that as much, because now the other team just takes the ball out of bounds. They talk about how old-timers like Celtics legend Bill Russell blocked shots but directed it back to teammates. Keep the ball in bounds.
Or, just grab it. Rip it out of their hands. Like Washington’s JaVale McGee did to Portland’s Wesley Mathews Tuesday. This was the best block I’ve seen this season.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40