Mar 23, 2011, 10:13 AM EDT
Usually we like the dramatic stuff, the blocked shot that sends the ball four rows deep and is punctuated by a scream.
Coaches, they don’t like that as much, because now the other team just takes the ball out of bounds. They talk about how old-timers like Celtics legend Bill Russell blocked shots but directed it back to teammates. Keep the ball in bounds.
Or, just grab it. Rip it out of their hands. Like Washington’s JaVale McGee did to Portland’s Wesley Mathews Tuesday. This was the best block I’ve seen this season.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16