Mar 23, 2011, 4:57 PM EST
Milwaukee Bucks shooting guard Michael Redd, who has missed all of this season due to knee injuries and has only played in 51 games over the last three seasons, is hoping to return to game action this weekend after going through his “first practice in 14 months” on Tuesday (h/t: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel):
He was encouraged about the way he played in the 2-hour practice session at the Cousins Center.
“The shot is there; it’s just short or long,” Redd said. “One of my coaches teased me today and said, ‘You made the hard ones today and you missed the easy ones.’
“When you miss time, 14 months of playing, you’ve got to find that rhythm again. It’s one thing doing individual workouts, but you need to play 5-on-5 to get that rhythm.
“This was a huge step. We’ll see how the knee responds. I won’t play tomorrow. I think we’re targeting maybe Friday.”
Both the Bucks and Redd could really use 13 strong games from the former All-Star and Olympic gold medalist. The Bucks are currently a few games out of the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference, while Redd is in the last year of a 6-year, $90.9 million contract. If Redd can provide a spark to Milwaukee’s abysmal offense, it would greatly improve the team’s chances of making the playoffs and his chances of getting a decent contract next season.
When healthy, Redd was one of the more graceful wing scorers in the league — hopefully it’s not to late for the 31-year old Redd to have a second act in his career.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10