Mar 23, 2011, 1:27 PM EST
Joel Anthony thinks he’s a hockey player.
The Heat’s shot blocking center off the bench (the Heat have about 48 centers on the bench at last count) broke his nose in two when Miami faced Atlanta after being head-butted by Zaza Pachulia, reports Michael Wallace of ESPN on twitter. Pachulia head butted Wallace and caused the injuries.
But Anthony is not going to miss any time.
He will be sporting the Rip Hamilton look — a protective mask — but he will be on the court when the Heat face the Pistons Wednesday night.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 8
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13