Mar 23, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
Joel Anthony thinks he’s a hockey player.
The Heat’s shot blocking center off the bench (the Heat have about 48 centers on the bench at last count) broke his nose in two when Miami faced Atlanta after being head-butted by Zaza Pachulia, reports Michael Wallace of ESPN on twitter. Pachulia head butted Wallace and caused the injuries.
But Anthony is not going to miss any time.
He will be sporting the Rip Hamilton look — a protective mask — but he will be on the court when the Heat face the Pistons Wednesday night.
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 3
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 1
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 20
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 19
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27