Mar 23, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
Joel Anthony thinks he’s a hockey player.
The Heat’s shot blocking center off the bench (the Heat have about 48 centers on the bench at last count) broke his nose in two when Miami faced Atlanta after being head-butted by Zaza Pachulia, reports Michael Wallace of ESPN on twitter. Pachulia head butted Wallace and caused the injuries.
But Anthony is not going to miss any time.
He will be sporting the Rip Hamilton look — a protective mask — but he will be on the court when the Heat face the Pistons Wednesday night.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6