Mar 23, 2011, 8:17 AM EST
What you missed while wondering why, if aliens were going to abduct and study some of us, they would choose Sammy Hagar…
The Lakers/Suns triple overtime thriller was our game of the night.
Bulls 114, Hawks 81: What an absolute thrashing (starting right about the end of the first quarter). If this game were a dog we would have put it down just to end the suffering. Derrick Rose and his Bulls did whatever they wanted on offense. On their end of the floor, the Hawks didn’t get a point in the paint the entire second half as they happily settled for jumpers. And they seemed to happily settle for falling farther behind, too.
Here are two tidbits that tell you all you need to know about these teams:
The Bulls have now won their last two games by a total of 73 points, a franchise record. Better than anything Jordan did. They are finding their groove at the right time.
Atlatna, on the other hand, has now given up more points they have scored this season by 22 (via NBA.com’s John Shuhmann). That usually happens to teams at or below .500. The Hawks are playing like a team well below that line right now and are 6-10 since the All-Star break. And the answers to fix it are not easy (trade Josh Smith this summer?).
Portland’s zone defense had Washington players with a look on their face that probably was a lot like the face on the defense the first time a Knute Rockne team threw a forward pass. Stunned, confused, as if they had invented an entirely new game. The Wizards turned the ball over on 40 percent of their possessions. Yes, 40 percent. That was 27 turnovers in all. Add that to shooting 37 percent for the game and you had another blowout.
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 0
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 2
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 25
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)