Mar 22, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
When Kevin Love left the game against Sacramento Sunday and did not return, his groin injury became news.
Except it wasn’t news to him.
Love said injury first happened vs. Utah. Aggravated vs. Lakers, and again vs. Kings.
Groin injuries are like that. It’s a level of pain that players are used to pushing through to keep playing, but when they do the injury gets aggravated and worse than it was. Until the player has to sit out.
Love is officially listed as day to day. He did not practice Tuesday, but the Wolves are off until Thursday when they take on Dallas.
Jerry Zgoda, Wolves beat writer for the Star Tribune, suggested that due to the groin and an assortment of other injuries (bruised thigh, sore knee) the team may just shut him down for the season. As he said, it might not be announced as such, but it’s a possibility.
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 0
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24