Mar 22, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
When Kevin Love left the game against Sacramento Sunday and did not return, his groin injury became news.
Except it wasn’t news to him.
Love said injury first happened vs. Utah. Aggravated vs. Lakers, and again vs. Kings.
Groin injuries are like that. It’s a level of pain that players are used to pushing through to keep playing, but when they do the injury gets aggravated and worse than it was. Until the player has to sit out.
Love is officially listed as day to day. He did not practice Tuesday, but the Wolves are off until Thursday when they take on Dallas.
Jerry Zgoda, Wolves beat writer for the Star Tribune, suggested that due to the groin and an assortment of other injuries (bruised thigh, sore knee) the team may just shut him down for the season. As he said, it might not be announced as such, but it’s a possibility.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Orlando Magic 1
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11