Mar 22, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
When Kevin Love left the game against Sacramento Sunday and did not return, his groin injury became news.
Except it wasn’t news to him.
Love said injury first happened vs. Utah. Aggravated vs. Lakers, and again vs. Kings.
Groin injuries are like that. It’s a level of pain that players are used to pushing through to keep playing, but when they do the injury gets aggravated and worse than it was. Until the player has to sit out.
Love is officially listed as day to day. He did not practice Tuesday, but the Wolves are off until Thursday when they take on Dallas.
Jerry Zgoda, Wolves beat writer for the Star Tribune, suggested that due to the groin and an assortment of other injuries (bruised thigh, sore knee) the team may just shut him down for the season. As he said, it might not be announced as such, but it’s a possibility.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49