Mar 22, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
When Kevin Love left the game against Sacramento Sunday and did not return, his groin injury became news.
Except it wasn’t news to him.
Love said injury first happened vs. Utah. Aggravated vs. Lakers, and again vs. Kings.
Groin injuries are like that. It’s a level of pain that players are used to pushing through to keep playing, but when they do the injury gets aggravated and worse than it was. Until the player has to sit out.
Love is officially listed as day to day. He did not practice Tuesday, but the Wolves are off until Thursday when they take on Dallas.
Jerry Zgoda, Wolves beat writer for the Star Tribune, suggested that due to the groin and an assortment of other injuries (bruised thigh, sore knee) the team may just shut him down for the season. As he said, it might not be announced as such, but it’s a possibility.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61