Mar 22, 2011, 3:29 PM EST
When Kevin Love left the game against Sacramento Sunday and did not return, his groin injury became news.
Except it wasn’t news to him.
Love said injury first happened vs. Utah. Aggravated vs. Lakers, and again vs. Kings.
Groin injuries are like that. It’s a level of pain that players are used to pushing through to keep playing, but when they do the injury gets aggravated and worse than it was. Until the player has to sit out.
Love is officially listed as day to day. He did not practice Tuesday, but the Wolves are off until Thursday when they take on Dallas.
Jerry Zgoda, Wolves beat writer for the Star Tribune, suggested that due to the groin and an assortment of other injuries (bruised thigh, sore knee) the team may just shut him down for the season. As he said, it might not be announced as such, but it’s a possibility.
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 6
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 8
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 31