Mar 22, 2011, 12:22 PM EST
Don Nelson was back in the Bay Area — maybe that is why Keith Smart held Stephen Curry down to 20 minutes last night, just for spite — and talked about everything with CSN Bay Area in an interview you can watch below.
The NBA’s all-time winningest coach told it as he saw it. Such as:
• Saying he was fired from Golden State because he asked Andris Biedrins to shoot free throws underhanded and had lined up Rick Barry to teach him. (Man, I wish there had been a follow up question on that one.)
• Saying that Stephen Curry seems to have regressed but Monta Ellis was doing a better job playing the point role now.
• Saying if ownership had fired him and kept Chris Webber he could have landed in San Antonio with Tim Duncan (that worked out pretty well for the Spurs).
Watch for yourself. There will never be another Don Nelson.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 17
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 18
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30