Mar 22, 2011, 12:22 PM EDT
Don Nelson was back in the Bay Area — maybe that is why Keith Smart held Stephen Curry down to 20 minutes last night, just for spite — and talked about everything with CSN Bay Area in an interview you can watch below.
The NBA’s all-time winningest coach told it as he saw it. Such as:
• Saying he was fired from Golden State because he asked Andris Biedrins to shoot free throws underhanded and had lined up Rick Barry to teach him. (Man, I wish there had been a follow up question on that one.)
• Saying that Stephen Curry seems to have regressed but Monta Ellis was doing a better job playing the point role now.
• Saying if ownership had fired him and kept Chris Webber he could have landed in San Antonio with Tim Duncan (that worked out pretty well for the Spurs).
Watch for yourself. There will never be another Don Nelson.
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 15
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 25
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 7
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 31
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 3
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 30
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 22