Mar 22, 2011, 12:22 PM EDT
Don Nelson was back in the Bay Area — maybe that is why Keith Smart held Stephen Curry down to 20 minutes last night, just for spite — and talked about everything with CSN Bay Area in an interview you can watch below.
The NBA’s all-time winningest coach told it as he saw it. Such as:
• Saying he was fired from Golden State because he asked Andris Biedrins to shoot free throws underhanded and had lined up Rick Barry to teach him. (Man, I wish there had been a follow up question on that one.)
• Saying that Stephen Curry seems to have regressed but Monta Ellis was doing a better job playing the point role now.
• Saying if ownership had fired him and kept Chris Webber he could have landed in San Antonio with Tim Duncan (that worked out pretty well for the Spurs).
Watch for yourself. There will never be another Don Nelson.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13