Mar 22, 2011, 12:22 PM EDT
Don Nelson was back in the Bay Area — maybe that is why Keith Smart held Stephen Curry down to 20 minutes last night, just for spite — and talked about everything with CSN Bay Area in an interview you can watch below.
The NBA’s all-time winningest coach told it as he saw it. Such as:
• Saying he was fired from Golden State because he asked Andris Biedrins to shoot free throws underhanded and had lined up Rick Barry to teach him. (Man, I wish there had been a follow up question on that one.)
• Saying that Stephen Curry seems to have regressed but Monta Ellis was doing a better job playing the point role now.
• Saying if ownership had fired him and kept Chris Webber he could have landed in San Antonio with Tim Duncan (that worked out pretty well for the Spurs).
Watch for yourself. There will never be another Don Nelson.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10