Mar 22, 2011, 12:22 PM EDT
Don Nelson was back in the Bay Area — maybe that is why Keith Smart held Stephen Curry down to 20 minutes last night, just for spite — and talked about everything with CSN Bay Area in an interview you can watch below.
The NBA’s all-time winningest coach told it as he saw it. Such as:
• Saying he was fired from Golden State because he asked Andris Biedrins to shoot free throws underhanded and had lined up Rick Barry to teach him. (Man, I wish there had been a follow up question on that one.)
• Saying that Stephen Curry seems to have regressed but Monta Ellis was doing a better job playing the point role now.
• Saying if ownership had fired him and kept Chris Webber he could have landed in San Antonio with Tim Duncan (that worked out pretty well for the Spurs).
Watch for yourself. There will never be another Don Nelson.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 0
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 6
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 14
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 23
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26