Mar 21, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
Hasheem Thabeet is back in the D-League.
It’s as good an option as the Rockets had. They acquired Thabeet — 7’3” former No. 2 overall pick out of Connecticut — in the Shane Battier trade but they were not playing him. He’s been on the court a total of 4 minutes since the trade.
But he was only going to get better with more burn, so he was send to the Rio Grand Valley Vipers. The Rockets have only one game in the next six days so he could stay there and gain some experience without missing lot of time with the big club. Not that it matters because he’s not playing anyway.
Thabeet made news when he was the highest draft pick ever sent to the D-League by the Memphis Grizzlies last season.
Unless the ghost of Pete Newell starts talking to Thabeet in a very Obi Wan Kenobi way I’m not sure a trip to the D-League is going to make a difference.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 18
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9