Mar 21, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
Hasheem Thabeet is back in the D-League.
It’s as good an option as the Rockets had. They acquired Thabeet — 7’3” former No. 2 overall pick out of Connecticut — in the Shane Battier trade but they were not playing him. He’s been on the court a total of 4 minutes since the trade.
But he was only going to get better with more burn, so he was send to the Rio Grand Valley Vipers. The Rockets have only one game in the next six days so he could stay there and gain some experience without missing lot of time with the big club. Not that it matters because he’s not playing anyway.
Thabeet made news when he was the highest draft pick ever sent to the D-League by the Memphis Grizzlies last season.
Unless the ghost of Pete Newell starts talking to Thabeet in a very Obi Wan Kenobi way I’m not sure a trip to the D-League is going to make a difference.
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 0
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 27
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28