Mar 21, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
Hasheem Thabeet is back in the D-League.
It’s as good an option as the Rockets had. They acquired Thabeet — 7’3” former No. 2 overall pick out of Connecticut — in the Shane Battier trade but they were not playing him. He’s been on the court a total of 4 minutes since the trade.
But he was only going to get better with more burn, so he was send to the Rio Grand Valley Vipers. The Rockets have only one game in the next six days so he could stay there and gain some experience without missing lot of time with the big club. Not that it matters because he’s not playing anyway.
Thabeet made news when he was the highest draft pick ever sent to the D-League by the Memphis Grizzlies last season.
Unless the ghost of Pete Newell starts talking to Thabeet in a very Obi Wan Kenobi way I’m not sure a trip to the D-League is going to make a difference.
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 0
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 0
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 2
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 20
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6