Mar 21, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
Hasheem Thabeet is back in the D-League.
It’s as good an option as the Rockets had. They acquired Thabeet — 7’3” former No. 2 overall pick out of Connecticut — in the Shane Battier trade but they were not playing him. He’s been on the court a total of 4 minutes since the trade.
But he was only going to get better with more burn, so he was send to the Rio Grand Valley Vipers. The Rockets have only one game in the next six days so he could stay there and gain some experience without missing lot of time with the big club. Not that it matters because he’s not playing anyway.
Thabeet made news when he was the highest draft pick ever sent to the D-League by the Memphis Grizzlies last season.
Unless the ghost of Pete Newell starts talking to Thabeet in a very Obi Wan Kenobi way I’m not sure a trip to the D-League is going to make a difference.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31