Mar 21, 2011, 11:28 AM EDT
Chase Budinger, who has been the Rockets starter at the three since Shane Battier went walking in Memphis, will be out likely a week with a sprained ankle, the Houston Chronicle reports.
It happened in the second quarter against the Utah Jazz Sunday, where he was driving and Paul Milsap was defending and Bundinger just came down in the wrong place. Budinger left the game and did not return.
“Unfortunately, I do kind of have a sense for this type of injury,” said Budinger, who stepped on Paul Millsap’s foot on a drive. “When I first did it, it came as a shock, but as I was going back to the training room, it didn’t feel as bad. Right now, it doesn’t feel too bad, definitely not as bad as the ones I had in the past. It’s always the next day or two days from now you know how bad it is. I’m hoping (to return) in like a week.”
Budinger had averaged 15.8 points per game in his previous five until he ran into the Celtics Friday and went 1-for-9. Then Sunday he got injured.
The Rockets remain 1.5 games out of the playoffs in the West. Look for a lot of Courtney Lee until Bundinger gets back.
- Jim Boeheim says Knicks problem is not Carmelo, it’s everyone else 3
- Report: Tony Parker got death threats during Game 1 7
- Kobe tweets he wants Howard and Gasol back with Lakers 13
- Why there’s a 100 percent chance the NBA lottery is fixed 18
- Stan Van Gundy says he will not coach anywhere next season 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay