Mar 21, 2011, 11:28 AM EDT
Chase Budinger, who has been the Rockets starter at the three since Shane Battier went walking in Memphis, will be out likely a week with a sprained ankle, the Houston Chronicle reports.
It happened in the second quarter against the Utah Jazz Sunday, where he was driving and Paul Milsap was defending and Bundinger just came down in the wrong place. Budinger left the game and did not return.
“Unfortunately, I do kind of have a sense for this type of injury,” said Budinger, who stepped on Paul Millsap’s foot on a drive. “When I first did it, it came as a shock, but as I was going back to the training room, it didn’t feel as bad. Right now, it doesn’t feel too bad, definitely not as bad as the ones I had in the past. It’s always the next day or two days from now you know how bad it is. I’m hoping (to return) in like a week.”
Budinger had averaged 15.8 points per game in his previous five until he ran into the Celtics Friday and went 1-for-9. Then Sunday he got injured.
The Rockets remain 1.5 games out of the playoffs in the West. Look for a lot of Courtney Lee until Bundinger gets back.
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 7
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 46
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 68
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 34
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8