Mar 21, 2011, 8:25 PM EDT
“You mean when I was throwing to Smush? I shot w/ three mother **** on me. That’s the difference. Now I only shoot w/ one, maybe two.”
—Kobe Bryant, on whether he missed Derek Fisher when he left the Lakers in 2004 (via the LA Times Mark Medina on twitter. Fisher stepped up and hit the game-sealing jumper in the Lakers win over Portland Sunday night. Two quick adds here. First, one of the rules of thumb with Kobe is you know he is being himself and honest when curse words casually slip into the conversation like this. Second, Kobe may be a little ticked at Smush Parker’s play (read: 2006 playoffs) but he more likely is ticked about Smush calling Kobe selfish during an interview while Smush was playing in Greece. Kobe does not forget personal slights so easily.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 1
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 6
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 12