Mar 21, 2011, 8:25 PM EST
“You mean when I was throwing to Smush? I shot w/ three mother **** on me. That’s the difference. Now I only shoot w/ one, maybe two.”
—Kobe Bryant, on whether he missed Derek Fisher when he left the Lakers in 2004 (via the LA Times Mark Medina on twitter. Fisher stepped up and hit the game-sealing jumper in the Lakers win over Portland Sunday night. Two quick adds here. First, one of the rules of thumb with Kobe is you know he is being himself and honest when curse words casually slip into the conversation like this. Second, Kobe may be a little ticked at Smush Parker’s play (read: 2006 playoffs) but he more likely is ticked about Smush calling Kobe selfish during an interview while Smush was playing in Greece. Kobe does not forget personal slights so easily.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 0
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 21
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 4
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 6
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 39