Mar 20, 2011, 8:03 AM EDT
And now we know what has been going on.
During Rajon Rondo’s two-week slump he has been battling an injury to the pinky finger on his right hand — that’s his shooting hand — he admitted to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England. Rondo has shot 37.8 percent in his last 10 games because of it (well off his 48.2 percent on the season).
And he re-aggravated it Saturday against New Orleans.
“My finger, my hand went numb,” Rondo said. “I was a little concerned about it, going back in.”
The injury is not going to cause him to miss any time, but coach Doc Rivers would like to get his minutes down, both for his hand and his legs. The play of the recently returned Delonte West may allow that to happen.
But look for teams to lay off Rondo and dare him to beat them with the jumper until his hand gets right and he can do it.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 2
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 6
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17