Mar 20, 2011, 8:03 AM EDT
And now we know what has been going on.
During Rajon Rondo’s two-week slump he has been battling an injury to the pinky finger on his right hand — that’s his shooting hand — he admitted to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England. Rondo has shot 37.8 percent in his last 10 games because of it (well off his 48.2 percent on the season).
And he re-aggravated it Saturday against New Orleans.
“My finger, my hand went numb,” Rondo said. “I was a little concerned about it, going back in.”
The injury is not going to cause him to miss any time, but coach Doc Rivers would like to get his minutes down, both for his hand and his legs. The play of the recently returned Delonte West may allow that to happen.
But look for teams to lay off Rondo and dare him to beat them with the jumper until his hand gets right and he can do it.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 44
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4