Mar 20, 2011, 8:03 AM EST
And now we know what has been going on.
During Rajon Rondo’s two-week slump he has been battling an injury to the pinky finger on his right hand — that’s his shooting hand — he admitted to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England. Rondo has shot 37.8 percent in his last 10 games because of it (well off his 48.2 percent on the season).
And he re-aggravated it Saturday against New Orleans.
“My finger, my hand went numb,” Rondo said. “I was a little concerned about it, going back in.”
The injury is not going to cause him to miss any time, but coach Doc Rivers would like to get his minutes down, both for his hand and his legs. The play of the recently returned Delonte West may allow that to happen.
But look for teams to lay off Rondo and dare him to beat them with the jumper until his hand gets right and he can do it.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10