Mar 20, 2011, 8:03 AM EDT
And now we know what has been going on.
During Rajon Rondo’s two-week slump he has been battling an injury to the pinky finger on his right hand — that’s his shooting hand — he admitted to A. Sherrod Blakely of CSN New England. Rondo has shot 37.8 percent in his last 10 games because of it (well off his 48.2 percent on the season).
And he re-aggravated it Saturday against New Orleans.
“My finger, my hand went numb,” Rondo said. “I was a little concerned about it, going back in.”
The injury is not going to cause him to miss any time, but coach Doc Rivers would like to get his minutes down, both for his hand and his legs. The play of the recently returned Delonte West may allow that to happen.
But look for teams to lay off Rondo and dare him to beat them with the jumper until his hand gets right and he can do it.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 38
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 16
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 33
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20