Mar 20, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
Kevin Love was jinxed by his own team.
Before the game, Love was honored by the Timberwolves and owner Glen Taylor for his 53-game double-double streak. Then he came out and had no points and just 3 rebounds in his first 14 minutes.
Then he injured his groin and had to leave the game, not to return
It happened late in the second quarter when he was seen wincing and asked out, then went straight to the locker room. Anthony Randolph started the second half for the Timberwolves, who went on to get blown out by the Kings 123-97.
No word yet on the severity of the injury, but we will update when there is news.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3