Mar 20, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
Kevin Love was jinxed by his own team.
Before the game, Love was honored by the Timberwolves and owner Glen Taylor for his 53-game double-double streak. Then he came out and had no points and just 3 rebounds in his first 14 minutes.
Then he injured his groin and had to leave the game, not to return
It happened late in the second quarter when he was seen wincing and asked out, then went straight to the locker room. Anthony Randolph started the second half for the Timberwolves, who went on to get blown out by the Kings 123-97.
No word yet on the severity of the injury, but we will update when there is news.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15