Mar 20, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
Kevin Love was jinxed by his own team.
Before the game, Love was honored by the Timberwolves and owner Glen Taylor for his 53-game double-double streak. Then he came out and had no points and just 3 rebounds in his first 14 minutes.
Then he injured his groin and had to leave the game, not to return
It happened late in the second quarter when he was seen wincing and asked out, then went straight to the locker room. Anthony Randolph started the second half for the Timberwolves, who went on to get blown out by the Kings 123-97.
No word yet on the severity of the injury, but we will update when there is news.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36