Mar 20, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
Kevin Love was jinxed by his own team.
Before the game, Love was honored by the Timberwolves and owner Glen Taylor for his 53-game double-double streak. Then he came out and had no points and just 3 rebounds in his first 14 minutes.
Then he injured his groin and had to leave the game, not to return
It happened late in the second quarter when he was seen wincing and asked out, then went straight to the locker room. Anthony Randolph started the second half for the Timberwolves, who went on to get blown out by the Kings 123-97.
No word yet on the severity of the injury, but we will update when there is news.
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 1
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 20
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9
- PBT Extra: Clash of styles favors Warriors over Grizzlies 4
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Golden State Warriors vs. Memphis Grizzlies 3
- PBT Extra: Bulls have shot to upset Cavaliers 16