Mar 20, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
Kevin Love was jinxed by his own team.
Before the game, Love was honored by the Timberwolves and owner Glen Taylor for his 53-game double-double streak. Then he came out and had no points and just 3 rebounds in his first 14 minutes.
Then he injured his groin and had to leave the game, not to return
It happened late in the second quarter when he was seen wincing and asked out, then went straight to the locker room. Anthony Randolph started the second half for the Timberwolves, who went on to get blown out by the Kings 123-97.
No word yet on the severity of the injury, but we will update when there is news.
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 3
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33