Mar 20, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls had a couple of roster spots open, so they filled them Sunday with a couple of point guards just to have some practice depth behind Derrick Rose.
Veteran journeyman Jannero Pargo (who was with the Bulls last season) and John Lucas III (who has been with the Bulls on a 10-day contract this season) have added to the roster, Chris Carson reports at CSN Chicago. But don’t expect to see either of them playing.
“Both John and Jannero will be on the inactive list but it’s good to have extra bodies in practice,” said Tom Thibodeau after practice concluded. “As we prepare for the playoffs, I think it’s important to have that.
“We think they’re a great fit for us. Both are high-character guys, both shooters and it’s insurance for us. It also gives us an opportunity to rest some guys in practice if choose to do that.”
The Bulls are thinking like contenders — time to get the key guys rested and healthy for the playoffs.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)