Mar 20, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls had a couple of roster spots open, so they filled them Sunday with a couple of point guards just to have some practice depth behind Derrick Rose.
Veteran journeyman Jannero Pargo (who was with the Bulls last season) and John Lucas III (who has been with the Bulls on a 10-day contract this season) have added to the roster, Chris Carson reports at CSN Chicago. But don’t expect to see either of them playing.
“Both John and Jannero will be on the inactive list but it’s good to have extra bodies in practice,” said Tom Thibodeau after practice concluded. “As we prepare for the playoffs, I think it’s important to have that.
“We think they’re a great fit for us. Both are high-character guys, both shooters and it’s insurance for us. It also gives us an opportunity to rest some guys in practice if choose to do that.”
The Bulls are thinking like contenders — time to get the key guys rested and healthy for the playoffs.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 5
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44