Mar 20, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
The Chicago Bulls had a couple of roster spots open, so they filled them Sunday with a couple of point guards just to have some practice depth behind Derrick Rose.
Veteran journeyman Jannero Pargo (who was with the Bulls last season) and John Lucas III (who has been with the Bulls on a 10-day contract this season) have added to the roster, Chris Carson reports at CSN Chicago. But don’t expect to see either of them playing.
“Both John and Jannero will be on the inactive list but it’s good to have extra bodies in practice,” said Tom Thibodeau after practice concluded. “As we prepare for the playoffs, I think it’s important to have that.
“We think they’re a great fit for us. Both are high-character guys, both shooters and it’s insurance for us. It also gives us an opportunity to rest some guys in practice if choose to do that.”
The Bulls are thinking like contenders — time to get the key guys rested and healthy for the playoffs.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23