Mar 20, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls had a couple of roster spots open, so they filled them Sunday with a couple of point guards just to have some practice depth behind Derrick Rose.
Veteran journeyman Jannero Pargo (who was with the Bulls last season) and John Lucas III (who has been with the Bulls on a 10-day contract this season) have added to the roster, Chris Carson reports at CSN Chicago. But don’t expect to see either of them playing.
“Both John and Jannero will be on the inactive list but it’s good to have extra bodies in practice,” said Tom Thibodeau after practice concluded. “As we prepare for the playoffs, I think it’s important to have that.
“We think they’re a great fit for us. Both are high-character guys, both shooters and it’s insurance for us. It also gives us an opportunity to rest some guys in practice if choose to do that.”
The Bulls are thinking like contenders — time to get the key guys rested and healthy for the playoffs.
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 6
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 5
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18