Mar 19, 2011, 10:00 PM EST
Because on a Saturday night, rather than heading to the local pub with your friends for some curry and chips and a nice pint (wait, what is this, London?) you were searching the Web for minor basketball transactions.
That’s why were hear for you.
First, the Kings have waived guard Luther Head, according to CSN Bay Area. Head (a score first point guard) had been in and out of the lineup all season, and with the impending return of Tyreke Evans next week his minutes were about to disappear anyway.
On the other end of the country, the Nets have decided to keep Sundiata Gaines around for the rest of the season — and next season as well. Him coming in (and getting signed this season) was in large part about Deron Williams likely missing some time if not the rest of the season and the Nets needing some depth at point guard behind Jordan Farmar. But he clearly has impressed Avery Johnson and Billy King enough to get a deal for next season as well.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 3
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 8
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 26
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10