Mar 19, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
Because on a Saturday night, rather than heading to the local pub with your friends for some curry and chips and a nice pint (wait, what is this, London?) you were searching the Web for minor basketball transactions.
That’s why were hear for you.
First, the Kings have waived guard Luther Head, according to CSN Bay Area. Head (a score first point guard) had been in and out of the lineup all season, and with the impending return of Tyreke Evans next week his minutes were about to disappear anyway.
On the other end of the country, the Nets have decided to keep Sundiata Gaines around for the rest of the season — and next season as well. Him coming in (and getting signed this season) was in large part about Deron Williams likely missing some time if not the rest of the season and the Nets needing some depth at point guard behind Jordan Farmar. But he clearly has impressed Avery Johnson and Billy King enough to get a deal for next season as well.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24