Mar 19, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
Because on a Saturday night, rather than heading to the local pub with your friends for some curry and chips and a nice pint (wait, what is this, London?) you were searching the Web for minor basketball transactions.
That’s why were hear for you.
First, the Kings have waived guard Luther Head, according to CSN Bay Area. Head (a score first point guard) had been in and out of the lineup all season, and with the impending return of Tyreke Evans next week his minutes were about to disappear anyway.
On the other end of the country, the Nets have decided to keep Sundiata Gaines around for the rest of the season — and next season as well. Him coming in (and getting signed this season) was in large part about Deron Williams likely missing some time if not the rest of the season and the Nets needing some depth at point guard behind Jordan Farmar. But he clearly has impressed Avery Johnson and Billy King enough to get a deal for next season as well.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 26
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 32
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4