Mar 19, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
Because on a Saturday night, rather than heading to the local pub with your friends for some curry and chips and a nice pint (wait, what is this, London?) you were searching the Web for minor basketball transactions.
That’s why were hear for you.
First, the Kings have waived guard Luther Head, according to CSN Bay Area. Head (a score first point guard) had been in and out of the lineup all season, and with the impending return of Tyreke Evans next week his minutes were about to disappear anyway.
On the other end of the country, the Nets have decided to keep Sundiata Gaines around for the rest of the season — and next season as well. Him coming in (and getting signed this season) was in large part about Deron Williams likely missing some time if not the rest of the season and the Nets needing some depth at point guard behind Jordan Farmar. But he clearly has impressed Avery Johnson and Billy King enough to get a deal for next season as well.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37