Mar 19, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
Because on a Saturday night, rather than heading to the local pub with your friends for some curry and chips and a nice pint (wait, what is this, London?) you were searching the Web for minor basketball transactions.
That’s why were hear for you.
First, the Kings have waived guard Luther Head, according to CSN Bay Area. Head (a score first point guard) had been in and out of the lineup all season, and with the impending return of Tyreke Evans next week his minutes were about to disappear anyway.
On the other end of the country, the Nets have decided to keep Sundiata Gaines around for the rest of the season — and next season as well. Him coming in (and getting signed this season) was in large part about Deron Williams likely missing some time if not the rest of the season and the Nets needing some depth at point guard behind Jordan Farmar. But he clearly has impressed Avery Johnson and Billy King enough to get a deal for next season as well.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 8
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 34
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 82
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19