Mar 18, 2011, 10:03 AM EDT
I have not delved into Derrick Rose’s ancestry, but for one day at least he and the rest of the Bulls were Irish, wearing the green and everything Thursday night against the Nets.
Rose decided to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a huge dunk off a give-and-go from the top of the key. Just watch below.
The dunk was impressive, but Rose’s real contribution was a strong, hard-working defensive effort that hounded Deron Williams into a 1-for-12 shooting night. That is what got the Bulls a win.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 17
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 19
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2