Mar 18, 2011, 10:03 AM EST
I have not delved into Derrick Rose’s ancestry, but for one day at least he and the rest of the Bulls were Irish, wearing the green and everything Thursday night against the Nets.
Rose decided to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a huge dunk off a give-and-go from the top of the key. Just watch below.
The dunk was impressive, but Rose’s real contribution was a strong, hard-working defensive effort that hounded Deron Williams into a 1-for-12 shooting night. That is what got the Bulls a win.
- Where I call out Dan Patrick, Charles Barkley for sounding like old men asking, “When did basketball get so bad?” 1
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 9
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 10
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 3
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 5
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)