Mar 18, 2011, 10:03 AM EDT
I have not delved into Derrick Rose’s ancestry, but for one day at least he and the rest of the Bulls were Irish, wearing the green and everything Thursday night against the Nets.
Rose decided to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a huge dunk off a give-and-go from the top of the key. Just watch below.
The dunk was impressive, but Rose’s real contribution was a strong, hard-working defensive effort that hounded Deron Williams into a 1-for-12 shooting night. That is what got the Bulls a win.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 12
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8