Mar 18, 2011, 3:21 PM EDT
There’s Rajon Rondo’s slump. There’s Shaquille O’Neal’s health and skills. There’s getting the No. 1 seed in the East. There’s a couple tough road trips ahead.
There’s plenty of things that Celtics GM Danny Ainge could worry about. But what he is most worried about is getting the Celtics healthy and rested headed into the playoffs, as he told the Boston Herald.
“Of course, you worry about whether you have time to get the chemistry right,” the general manager said yesterday as his lads were boarding a plane for Houston.
“I think we’re going to be fine, but you always have concerns. I think guys are going to get healthy, but will they get hurt two games back or three games back?
“And probably the biggest concern we have is that the teams we’re playing against are really good. Chicago, Miami and Orlando are really good teams, and we’re going to have to get through them to win our conference. But we can’t control that right now. All we can control at this point is getting healthy and playing better basketball. I’ve always said that being healthy and fresh is more important than anything else for us right now.”
Boston, when healthy, may be the best team in the East, the best team in the NBA. They looked like it at points this season, just not now. But then, we go back to how the Celtics limped into the playoffs last year and think that if they can just be healthy and fresh when the playoffs start…..
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 23
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 21
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1