Mar 18, 2011, 3:21 PM EST
There’s Rajon Rondo’s slump. There’s Shaquille O’Neal’s health and skills. There’s getting the No. 1 seed in the East. There’s a couple tough road trips ahead.
There’s plenty of things that Celtics GM Danny Ainge could worry about. But what he is most worried about is getting the Celtics healthy and rested headed into the playoffs, as he told the Boston Herald.
“Of course, you worry about whether you have time to get the chemistry right,” the general manager said yesterday as his lads were boarding a plane for Houston.
“I think we’re going to be fine, but you always have concerns. I think guys are going to get healthy, but will they get hurt two games back or three games back?
“And probably the biggest concern we have is that the teams we’re playing against are really good. Chicago, Miami and Orlando are really good teams, and we’re going to have to get through them to win our conference. But we can’t control that right now. All we can control at this point is getting healthy and playing better basketball. I’ve always said that being healthy and fresh is more important than anything else for us right now.”
Boston, when healthy, may be the best team in the East, the best team in the NBA. They looked like it at points this season, just not now. But then, we go back to how the Celtics limped into the playoffs last year and think that if they can just be healthy and fresh when the playoffs start…..
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)