Mar 18, 2011, 3:21 PM EST
There’s Rajon Rondo’s slump. There’s Shaquille O’Neal’s health and skills. There’s getting the No. 1 seed in the East. There’s a couple tough road trips ahead.
There’s plenty of things that Celtics GM Danny Ainge could worry about. But what he is most worried about is getting the Celtics healthy and rested headed into the playoffs, as he told the Boston Herald.
“Of course, you worry about whether you have time to get the chemistry right,” the general manager said yesterday as his lads were boarding a plane for Houston.
“I think we’re going to be fine, but you always have concerns. I think guys are going to get healthy, but will they get hurt two games back or three games back?
“And probably the biggest concern we have is that the teams we’re playing against are really good. Chicago, Miami and Orlando are really good teams, and we’re going to have to get through them to win our conference. But we can’t control that right now. All we can control at this point is getting healthy and playing better basketball. I’ve always said that being healthy and fresh is more important than anything else for us right now.”
Boston, when healthy, may be the best team in the East, the best team in the NBA. They looked like it at points this season, just not now. But then, we go back to how the Celtics limped into the playoffs last year and think that if they can just be healthy and fresh when the playoffs start…..
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 0
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 16
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11