Mar 18, 2011, 3:21 PM EDT
There’s Rajon Rondo’s slump. There’s Shaquille O’Neal’s health and skills. There’s getting the No. 1 seed in the East. There’s a couple tough road trips ahead.
There’s plenty of things that Celtics GM Danny Ainge could worry about. But what he is most worried about is getting the Celtics healthy and rested headed into the playoffs, as he told the Boston Herald.
“Of course, you worry about whether you have time to get the chemistry right,” the general manager said yesterday as his lads were boarding a plane for Houston.
“I think we’re going to be fine, but you always have concerns. I think guys are going to get healthy, but will they get hurt two games back or three games back?
“And probably the biggest concern we have is that the teams we’re playing against are really good. Chicago, Miami and Orlando are really good teams, and we’re going to have to get through them to win our conference. But we can’t control that right now. All we can control at this point is getting healthy and playing better basketball. I’ve always said that being healthy and fresh is more important than anything else for us right now.”
Boston, when healthy, may be the best team in the East, the best team in the NBA. They looked like it at points this season, just not now. But then, we go back to how the Celtics limped into the playoffs last year and think that if they can just be healthy and fresh when the playoffs start…..
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70