Mar 18, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
This was expected — why would veteran Antawn Jamison rush his recovery to return for the final week of this Cavaliers season? — but it became official Thursday:
Jamison is done for the season, he confirmed to the Plain Dealer.
Speaking for the first time since surgery to repair the left little finger he fractured on Feb. 27 against Philadelphia, Jamison admitted Thursday night he’s done for the season. It’s the first time he has ever broken a bone, and he has been surprised how much having a cast on his left hand limited him.
“No video games,” he said with a smile. “It’s been straight movie time for the past two weeks.”
To his credit, Jamison is not resting at home in North Carolina, he is back with the Cavaliers supporting his teammates.
Jamison had surgery on his left pinkie finger due to an injury he suffered while taking a shot in a game against the Sixers last month. He immediately left the court and did not return. Jamison had led the Cavaliers with 18 points per game and was often the team’s go-to scorer in the clutch.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 9
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 10
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 28
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games