Mar 18, 2011, 5:04 PM EDT
Allen Iverson left Turkey for a very sound medical reason — he had a lesion growing on his calf. For the past several months he’s been receiving treatment for it — shots of an anti-inflammatory drug around the lesion.
It has worked and Iverson is ready to get back on the court, reports Ric Bucher of ESPN.
Former NBA MVP Allen Iverson expects to receive medical clearance on Monday to resume playing after being sidelined for the past two months with a lesion in his right calf, says his business manager, Gary Moore.
“He’s going to start rigorous training as soon as he has clearance,” Moore said. “He’s determined to get back to playing.”
There are a wide variety of rumors around as to why Iverson wanted to go to Turkey in the first place, from him being broke to his love of the game. Depends on who is doing the spinning. Personally, I’ve kind of stopped caring too much about the motivation.
Hopefully Iverson can get back on the court and end his career in a way befitting one of the true legends of the game.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (60)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million