Mar 17, 2011, 8:29 PM EST
Michael Jordan has the iconic statue outside the building, Scottie Pippen one inside. Yea, that sounds about right.
The Bulls announced that they would honor Pippen with a statue, to be unveiled next month when the Celtics are in town. The statue will be on the 100-level concourse inside the building.
“Words really can’t express my feelings,” Pippen said in a statement released by the team. “It’s something you dream of as a kid growing up, but you can never foresee those childhood fantasies becoming reality.
You see statues of individuals who have done great things and made their mark on history, but as a basketball player, you never really think about arriving at this point. It’s an amazing honor for the Chicago Bulls to do this for me.”
It seems fitting that they put up the Pippen statue while thinking about where the Derrick Rose one will go in a couple decades.
Pippen will be joining Comcast’s Bulls broadcast team during the playoffs.
- Derrick Rose leaves Bulls-Nuggets game with hamstring tightness 24
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 18
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23