Mar 17, 2011, 8:29 PM EDT
Michael Jordan has the iconic statue outside the building, Scottie Pippen one inside. Yea, that sounds about right.
The Bulls announced that they would honor Pippen with a statue, to be unveiled next month when the Celtics are in town. The statue will be on the 100-level concourse inside the building.
“Words really can’t express my feelings,” Pippen said in a statement released by the team. “It’s something you dream of as a kid growing up, but you can never foresee those childhood fantasies becoming reality.
You see statues of individuals who have done great things and made their mark on history, but as a basketball player, you never really think about arriving at this point. It’s an amazing honor for the Chicago Bulls to do this for me.”
It seems fitting that they put up the Pippen statue while thinking about where the Derrick Rose one will go in a couple decades.
Pippen will be joining Comcast’s Bulls broadcast team during the playoffs.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 11
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48