Mar 17, 2011, 8:29 PM EDT
Michael Jordan has the iconic statue outside the building, Scottie Pippen one inside. Yea, that sounds about right.
The Bulls announced that they would honor Pippen with a statue, to be unveiled next month when the Celtics are in town. The statue will be on the 100-level concourse inside the building.
“Words really can’t express my feelings,” Pippen said in a statement released by the team. “It’s something you dream of as a kid growing up, but you can never foresee those childhood fantasies becoming reality.
You see statues of individuals who have done great things and made their mark on history, but as a basketball player, you never really think about arriving at this point. It’s an amazing honor for the Chicago Bulls to do this for me.”
It seems fitting that they put up the Pippen statue while thinking about where the Derrick Rose one will go in a couple decades.
Pippen will be joining Comcast’s Bulls broadcast team during the playoffs.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49