Mar 17, 2011, 8:29 PM EDT
Michael Jordan has the iconic statue outside the building, Scottie Pippen one inside. Yea, that sounds about right.
The Bulls announced that they would honor Pippen with a statue, to be unveiled next month when the Celtics are in town. The statue will be on the 100-level concourse inside the building.
“Words really can’t express my feelings,” Pippen said in a statement released by the team. “It’s something you dream of as a kid growing up, but you can never foresee those childhood fantasies becoming reality.
You see statues of individuals who have done great things and made their mark on history, but as a basketball player, you never really think about arriving at this point. It’s an amazing honor for the Chicago Bulls to do this for me.”
It seems fitting that they put up the Pippen statue while thinking about where the Derrick Rose one will go in a couple decades.
Pippen will be joining Comcast’s Bulls broadcast team during the playoffs.
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 13
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 6
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 23
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 3
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0