Mar 17, 2011, 8:29 PM EDT
Michael Jordan has the iconic statue outside the building, Scottie Pippen one inside. Yea, that sounds about right.
The Bulls announced that they would honor Pippen with a statue, to be unveiled next month when the Celtics are in town. The statue will be on the 100-level concourse inside the building.
“Words really can’t express my feelings,” Pippen said in a statement released by the team. “It’s something you dream of as a kid growing up, but you can never foresee those childhood fantasies becoming reality.
You see statues of individuals who have done great things and made their mark on history, but as a basketball player, you never really think about arriving at this point. It’s an amazing honor for the Chicago Bulls to do this for me.”
It seems fitting that they put up the Pippen statue while thinking about where the Derrick Rose one will go in a couple decades.
Pippen will be joining Comcast’s Bulls broadcast team during the playoffs.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 9
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15