Mar 17, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
I don’t labor under the illusion that Dwight Howard is going to win the MVP. Derrick Rose seems to be pulling ahead in that race and if the Bulls keep winning (especially if they get the top spot in the East) he will be a deserving recipient.
But Dwight Howard needs to be on the ballot.
Put him second, put him third. I’m not going to argue over how one should define MVP with you. But if Dwight Howard is not on your list, then I wonder how much hoop you watch and how much you understand what you do see. Because he is flat out ballin’.
He went off again last night for 31 and 22 (granted, against a Bucks team without Andrew Bogut). The man has it going on.
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 0
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 53
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 11
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 15
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14