Mar 17, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
I don’t labor under the illusion that Dwight Howard is going to win the MVP. Derrick Rose seems to be pulling ahead in that race and if the Bulls keep winning (especially if they get the top spot in the East) he will be a deserving recipient.
But Dwight Howard needs to be on the ballot.
Put him second, put him third. I’m not going to argue over how one should define MVP with you. But if Dwight Howard is not on your list, then I wonder how much hoop you watch and how much you understand what you do see. Because he is flat out ballin’.
He went off again last night for 31 and 22 (granted, against a Bucks team without Andrew Bogut). The man has it going on.
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 0
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 2
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 17
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 45
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 23
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 108
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 14