Mar 16, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT
Did you check out the NBA standings today?
That would be the Chicago Bulls on top of the Eastern Conference. And considering they have a softer schedule than the Celtics from here on out, they may well end the season as the No. 1 seed. For all the Celtics veterans and the Heat’s hype, Chicago looks the best in the East.
And they are sounding confident.
Derrick Rose was interviewed at Sporting News and said the goal is a title.
“We can win a championship,” Rose says. “We are not playing to get into the second round or anything. We are playing for a championship. I can’t imagine having a goal that was anything less than that.”
Can they get that this season?
When asked (if the Bulls are the best in the East) by Patrick, the show’s host, Thibodeau calmly replied, “I believe we’re there now….
“I don’t know if we’re the best team. Our record says right now we are,” Thibodeau later said. “There’s a lot of work to be done and we’re not complete.”
There is work, these Bulls have not been tested in the fire of the playoffs yet. We don’t know how they will do in the pressure of that situation, we don’t know how their offense will perform under that pressure (although it has improved as the season has gone on).
But the Bulls are contenders. They are in the mix. They may well be the best team in the East.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 13
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16