Mar 16, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT
Did you check out the NBA standings today?
That would be the Chicago Bulls on top of the Eastern Conference. And considering they have a softer schedule than the Celtics from here on out, they may well end the season as the No. 1 seed. For all the Celtics veterans and the Heat’s hype, Chicago looks the best in the East.
And they are sounding confident.
Derrick Rose was interviewed at Sporting News and said the goal is a title.
“We can win a championship,” Rose says. “We are not playing to get into the second round or anything. We are playing for a championship. I can’t imagine having a goal that was anything less than that.”
Can they get that this season?
When asked (if the Bulls are the best in the East) by Patrick, the show’s host, Thibodeau calmly replied, “I believe we’re there now….
“I don’t know if we’re the best team. Our record says right now we are,” Thibodeau later said. “There’s a lot of work to be done and we’re not complete.”
There is work, these Bulls have not been tested in the fire of the playoffs yet. We don’t know how they will do in the pressure of that situation, we don’t know how their offense will perform under that pressure (although it has improved as the season has gone on).
But the Bulls are contenders. They are in the mix. They may well be the best team in the East.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61