Mar 16, 2011, 1:15 PM EDT
Did you check out the NBA standings today?
That would be the Chicago Bulls on top of the Eastern Conference. And considering they have a softer schedule than the Celtics from here on out, they may well end the season as the No. 1 seed. For all the Celtics veterans and the Heat’s hype, Chicago looks the best in the East.
And they are sounding confident.
Derrick Rose was interviewed at Sporting News and said the goal is a title.
“We can win a championship,” Rose says. “We are not playing to get into the second round or anything. We are playing for a championship. I can’t imagine having a goal that was anything less than that.”
Can they get that this season?
When asked (if the Bulls are the best in the East) by Patrick, the show’s host, Thibodeau calmly replied, “I believe we’re there now….
“I don’t know if we’re the best team. Our record says right now we are,” Thibodeau later said. “There’s a lot of work to be done and we’re not complete.”
There is work, these Bulls have not been tested in the fire of the playoffs yet. We don’t know how they will do in the pressure of that situation, we don’t know how their offense will perform under that pressure (although it has improved as the season has gone on).
But the Bulls are contenders. They are in the mix. They may well be the best team in the East.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23