Mar 15, 2011, 1:01 PM EDT
Without Steve Nash the last two games, the Suns offense has looked like the preverbal chicken with its head cut off. Sure, plenty of running around but without any direction or understanding. It was ugly. The Suns, who average 109.4 points per 100 possessions on the season, were under 100 for both games.
Wednesday they should get him back, Nash said he wants to be with the team for a final playoff push, according to the Arizona Republic.
“I expect to play on Wednesday,” Nash said. “Aaron (Nelson, Suns head athletic trainer) just thought it was best to get these two (game) days and then you get another day. We can hopefully not have setbacks with the extra days.”
He has pubic symphysis irritation — an inflammation of the joint at the front of the pelvis, a joint that really isn’t supposed to move. Nash said he had to retrain his movements to lessen the inflammation.
The Suns take on Chris Paul and the Hornets Wednesday. We want a CP3/Nash matchup, so he had better not back out now after getting our hopes up.
The Suns are 2.5 games out of the eighth seed in the West, but all the teams locked in ahead of them (Memphis at No. 8, also Denver and Portland) are not coming back to the pack. The Suns are going to need a big run of wins to make the playoffs. They are going to need a healthy Nash, and a lot more.
- Jim Boeheim says Knicks problem is not Carmelo, it’s everyone else 3
- Report: Tony Parker got death threats during Game 1 7
- Kobe tweets he wants Howard and Gasol back with Lakers 13
- Why there’s a 100 percent chance the NBA lottery is fixed 18
- Stan Van Gundy says he will not coach anywhere next season 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay