Mar 15, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Fascinating post at Magic Basketball: How much does rest factor into getting wins (and have the Bulls been a little lucky in that regard)?
The physics of the bank shot. Tim Duncan did not write this.
Fun story about the ties between Phil Jackson and Tom Thibodeau.
The Wizards are trying to create a college-like atmosphere at home games, including having fans stand until the home team scores its first basket. Which is fine until they have a really slow start one game… like Monday night.
Rudy Gay still has another week or two of rehab ahead of him.
The Timberwolves have floated a new plan that would get the Target Center renovated and build the Vikings a new stadium. The only problem, the $74 million a year in public funding the project needs. Good luck with that.
Red Auerbach memorabilia is being auctioned off.
I think Detroit’s John Kuester sets his lineups by random lottery. Hence, Tracy McGrady at the four Saturday.
Larry Drew is going to try playing Jeff Teague at the one and Kirk Hinrich at the two.
Barack Obama talks a little smack on his baller cabinet member.
George Karl heeps some praise on Raymond Felton and talks about how much he likes his team now.
The Celtics like what they have in Nenad Kristic.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3