Mar 15, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Fascinating post at Magic Basketball: How much does rest factor into getting wins (and have the Bulls been a little lucky in that regard)?
The physics of the bank shot. Tim Duncan did not write this.
Fun story about the ties between Phil Jackson and Tom Thibodeau.
The Wizards are trying to create a college-like atmosphere at home games, including having fans stand until the home team scores its first basket. Which is fine until they have a really slow start one game… like Monday night.
Rudy Gay still has another week or two of rehab ahead of him.
The Timberwolves have floated a new plan that would get the Target Center renovated and build the Vikings a new stadium. The only problem, the $74 million a year in public funding the project needs. Good luck with that.
Red Auerbach memorabilia is being auctioned off.
I think Detroit’s John Kuester sets his lineups by random lottery. Hence, Tracy McGrady at the four Saturday.
Larry Drew is going to try playing Jeff Teague at the one and Kirk Hinrich at the two.
Barack Obama talks a little smack on his baller cabinet member.
George Karl heeps some praise on Raymond Felton and talks about how much he likes his team now.
The Celtics like what they have in Nenad Kristic.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 15
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 9
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 2
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 21
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 16
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (42)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)