Mar 15, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Fascinating post at Magic Basketball: How much does rest factor into getting wins (and have the Bulls been a little lucky in that regard)?
The physics of the bank shot. Tim Duncan did not write this.
Fun story about the ties between Phil Jackson and Tom Thibodeau.
The Wizards are trying to create a college-like atmosphere at home games, including having fans stand until the home team scores its first basket. Which is fine until they have a really slow start one game… like Monday night.
Rudy Gay still has another week or two of rehab ahead of him.
The Timberwolves have floated a new plan that would get the Target Center renovated and build the Vikings a new stadium. The only problem, the $74 million a year in public funding the project needs. Good luck with that.
Red Auerbach memorabilia is being auctioned off.
I think Detroit’s John Kuester sets his lineups by random lottery. Hence, Tracy McGrady at the four Saturday.
Larry Drew is going to try playing Jeff Teague at the one and Kirk Hinrich at the two.
Barack Obama talks a little smack on his baller cabinet member.
George Karl heeps some praise on Raymond Felton and talks about how much he likes his team now.
The Celtics like what they have in Nenad Kristic.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 4
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 10
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 4
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 45
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33