Mar 15, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Fascinating post at Magic Basketball: How much does rest factor into getting wins (and have the Bulls been a little lucky in that regard)?
The physics of the bank shot. Tim Duncan did not write this.
Fun story about the ties between Phil Jackson and Tom Thibodeau.
The Wizards are trying to create a college-like atmosphere at home games, including having fans stand until the home team scores its first basket. Which is fine until they have a really slow start one game… like Monday night.
Rudy Gay still has another week or two of rehab ahead of him.
The Timberwolves have floated a new plan that would get the Target Center renovated and build the Vikings a new stadium. The only problem, the $74 million a year in public funding the project needs. Good luck with that.
Red Auerbach memorabilia is being auctioned off.
I think Detroit’s John Kuester sets his lineups by random lottery. Hence, Tracy McGrady at the four Saturday.
Larry Drew is going to try playing Jeff Teague at the one and Kirk Hinrich at the two.
Barack Obama talks a little smack on his baller cabinet member.
George Karl heeps some praise on Raymond Felton and talks about how much he likes his team now.
The Celtics like what they have in Nenad Kristic.
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 0
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 7
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6