Mar 15, 2011, 8:11 PM EDT
So is this about being true to his roots or true to his brand? Or a little of both?
In a shock to nobody, the Ohio native is picking Ohio State to win the NCAA tournament, the Associated Press reports. James grew up a Buckeye’s fan. The team also wear’s his gear.
James also admitted college may not have been his thing, but the tournament would have been fun.
“If I could have not went to school all the way until March and then played in March Madness, then I would have done that. But I have no regrets not going to school,” James said Tuesday, before turning a bit and looking directly into a long row of television cameras that surrounded him. “Now, let’s play this when the kids are asleep. ‘Go to school, guys.’ I was just fortunate.”
Thing is, Ohio State has a legit shot at this thing. They are a No. 1 seed. A couple of our writers at NBC’s Beyond the Arc picked them to win it all. They have the best offense (points per 100 possessions) in college and a very good defense. They shoot the rock well. They don’t foul on defense. They could do this.
And you can bet LeBron is going to talk about it.
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 23
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 39
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 15
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 34