Mar 15, 2011, 8:11 PM EST
So is this about being true to his roots or true to his brand? Or a little of both?
In a shock to nobody, the Ohio native is picking Ohio State to win the NCAA tournament, the Associated Press reports. James grew up a Buckeye’s fan. The team also wear’s his gear.
James also admitted college may not have been his thing, but the tournament would have been fun.
“If I could have not went to school all the way until March and then played in March Madness, then I would have done that. But I have no regrets not going to school,” James said Tuesday, before turning a bit and looking directly into a long row of television cameras that surrounded him. “Now, let’s play this when the kids are asleep. ‘Go to school, guys.’ I was just fortunate.”
Thing is, Ohio State has a legit shot at this thing. They are a No. 1 seed. A couple of our writers at NBC’s Beyond the Arc picked them to win it all. They have the best offense (points per 100 possessions) in college and a very good defense. They shoot the rock well. They don’t foul on defense. They could do this.
And you can bet LeBron is going to talk about it.
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 0
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 8
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 8
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 53
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 13