Mar 15, 2011, 8:11 PM EST
So is this about being true to his roots or true to his brand? Or a little of both?
In a shock to nobody, the Ohio native is picking Ohio State to win the NCAA tournament, the Associated Press reports. James grew up a Buckeye’s fan. The team also wear’s his gear.
James also admitted college may not have been his thing, but the tournament would have been fun.
“If I could have not went to school all the way until March and then played in March Madness, then I would have done that. But I have no regrets not going to school,” James said Tuesday, before turning a bit and looking directly into a long row of television cameras that surrounded him. “Now, let’s play this when the kids are asleep. ‘Go to school, guys.’ I was just fortunate.”
Thing is, Ohio State has a legit shot at this thing. They are a No. 1 seed. A couple of our writers at NBC’s Beyond the Arc picked them to win it all. They have the best offense (points per 100 possessions) in college and a very good defense. They shoot the rock well. They don’t foul on defense. They could do this.
And you can bet LeBron is going to talk about it.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 14
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2