Mar 15, 2011, 10:21 AM EDT
When you play for the NBA champions in a city that is one of the world’s media capitals, certain doors open for you that would not otherwise.
Like the chance to go on a national prime time game show to embarrass yourself a little and to raise money for your favorite charity. That’s just what Derek Fisher (University of Arkansas Foundation) and Shannon Brown (the Shannon Brown Foundation) will do this Wednesday on NBC’s Minute to Win It.
The show airs Monday night. We can hope that host Guy Fieri presses union president Fisher on player give backs of percentages of BRI in the upcoming labor negotiations, but instead it likely will be more about Fisher throwing ping-pong balls into a box. Which Fisher can do pretty well. Just don’t ask him to stay in front of anyone else throwing ping-pong balls into a box.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30