Mar 15, 2011, 9:48 PM EDT
The good news is Delonte West is expected to return to Boston Wednesday night against the Indiana Pacers.
That sigh of relief you just heard was a very tired Rajon Rondo, happy to hear the cavalry is coming over the hill. He needed some backup help at the point.
But it’s not all good news, as West told CSN New England he is hurting but he is going to go.
“I don’t think I’m gonna be 100 percent at all this year,” he added. “I’ve been told that the wrist is gonna take another six months to recover, still don’t have rotation. The ankle is a little sore, but no more sore than any other player is playing with right now.”
Boston likes to rest its guys and get them right, but at some point you play through it. Especially if more West (and Carlos Arroyo) can get Rondo some rest so he is rested and ready for the playoffs.
Here’s the video of West’s interview with CSN New England:
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 18
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23