Mar 15, 2011, 9:48 PM EDT
The good news is Delonte West is expected to return to Boston Wednesday night against the Indiana Pacers.
That sigh of relief you just heard was a very tired Rajon Rondo, happy to hear the cavalry is coming over the hill. He needed some backup help at the point.
But it’s not all good news, as West told CSN New England he is hurting but he is going to go.
“I don’t think I’m gonna be 100 percent at all this year,” he added. “I’ve been told that the wrist is gonna take another six months to recover, still don’t have rotation. The ankle is a little sore, but no more sore than any other player is playing with right now.”
Boston likes to rest its guys and get them right, but at some point you play through it. Especially if more West (and Carlos Arroyo) can get Rondo some rest so he is rested and ready for the playoffs.
Here’s the video of West’s interview with CSN New England:
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29