Mar 15, 2011, 9:48 PM EDT
The good news is Delonte West is expected to return to Boston Wednesday night against the Indiana Pacers.
That sigh of relief you just heard was a very tired Rajon Rondo, happy to hear the cavalry is coming over the hill. He needed some backup help at the point.
But it’s not all good news, as West told CSN New England he is hurting but he is going to go.
“I don’t think I’m gonna be 100 percent at all this year,” he added. “I’ve been told that the wrist is gonna take another six months to recover, still don’t have rotation. The ankle is a little sore, but no more sore than any other player is playing with right now.”
Boston likes to rest its guys and get them right, but at some point you play through it. Especially if more West (and Carlos Arroyo) can get Rondo some rest so he is rested and ready for the playoffs.
Here’s the video of West’s interview with CSN New England:
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (60)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million