Mar 14, 2011, 3:59 PM EDT
The Blazers want some extra depth at center. Hard to blame them.
So they have inked D-League standout Chris Johnson to a deal for the rest of the season (Ridiculous Upside had this first and the Blazers confirmed it via press release). Johnson was up for a 10-day deal with the Blazers earlier this season, then he also did a 10-day stint with the Celtics after they were shorthanded following the Kendrick Perkins trade.
Johnson was selected to the D-League All-Star team playing for the Dakota Wizards.
He will be eligible for the Blazers playoff roster. He will be playing behind Marcus Camby and providing some depth behind LaMarcus Aldridge. The Blazers just signed Jarron Collins to a 10-day contract, this may be a sign he will not stick with the team beyond that.
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 2
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 28
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54