Mar 14, 2011, 3:59 PM EST
The Blazers want some extra depth at center. Hard to blame them.
So they have inked D-League standout Chris Johnson to a deal for the rest of the season (Ridiculous Upside had this first and the Blazers confirmed it via press release). Johnson was up for a 10-day deal with the Blazers earlier this season, then he also did a 10-day stint with the Celtics after they were shorthanded following the Kendrick Perkins trade.
Johnson was selected to the D-League All-Star team playing for the Dakota Wizards.
He will be eligible for the Blazers playoff roster. He will be playing behind Marcus Camby and providing some depth behind LaMarcus Aldridge. The Blazers just signed Jarron Collins to a 10-day contract, this may be a sign he will not stick with the team beyond that.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 2
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 16
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8