Mar 14, 2011, 3:59 PM EDT
The Blazers want some extra depth at center. Hard to blame them.
So they have inked D-League standout Chris Johnson to a deal for the rest of the season (Ridiculous Upside had this first and the Blazers confirmed it via press release). Johnson was up for a 10-day deal with the Blazers earlier this season, then he also did a 10-day stint with the Celtics after they were shorthanded following the Kendrick Perkins trade.
Johnson was selected to the D-League All-Star team playing for the Dakota Wizards.
He will be eligible for the Blazers playoff roster. He will be playing behind Marcus Camby and providing some depth behind LaMarcus Aldridge. The Blazers just signed Jarron Collins to a 10-day contract, this may be a sign he will not stick with the team beyond that.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29