Mar 14, 2011, 3:59 PM EDT
The Blazers want some extra depth at center. Hard to blame them.
So they have inked D-League standout Chris Johnson to a deal for the rest of the season (Ridiculous Upside had this first and the Blazers confirmed it via press release). Johnson was up for a 10-day deal with the Blazers earlier this season, then he also did a 10-day stint with the Celtics after they were shorthanded following the Kendrick Perkins trade.
Johnson was selected to the D-League All-Star team playing for the Dakota Wizards.
He will be eligible for the Blazers playoff roster. He will be playing behind Marcus Camby and providing some depth behind LaMarcus Aldridge. The Blazers just signed Jarron Collins to a 10-day contract, this may be a sign he will not stick with the team beyond that.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 0
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 21
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 21
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9