Mar 14, 2011, 3:59 PM EDT
The Blazers want some extra depth at center. Hard to blame them.
So they have inked D-League standout Chris Johnson to a deal for the rest of the season (Ridiculous Upside had this first and the Blazers confirmed it via press release). Johnson was up for a 10-day deal with the Blazers earlier this season, then he also did a 10-day stint with the Celtics after they were shorthanded following the Kendrick Perkins trade.
Johnson was selected to the D-League All-Star team playing for the Dakota Wizards.
He will be eligible for the Blazers playoff roster. He will be playing behind Marcus Camby and providing some depth behind LaMarcus Aldridge. The Blazers just signed Jarron Collins to a 10-day contract, this may be a sign he will not stick with the team beyond that.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6