Mar 14, 2011, 7:03 PM EDT
Kendrick Perkins will make his debut as the center for the Oklahoma City Thunder Monday.
The guy brought in to bring the defense and toughness along the back line that the Thunder have lacked will start in his first game for the Thunder and is not on minutes restriction, coach Scott Brooks said (via Royce Young on twitter). Getting a start against the Wizards and Andray Blatche, a guy Perkins is familiar with and can be physical with, seems a good spot.
Even before he stepped on the court, Perkins has been throwing elbows in the Western Conference.
“Yesterday’s news,” he said. “I don’t like Pau Gasol or Phil Jackson. Phil is arrogant. Pau is soft. Kobe tries to bring out his toughness, but he’s still soft.”
Kevin Durant was asked the same question and his answer was much more diplomatic.
The Thunder could use some of that swagger, that nasty streak Perkins brings to the court. He spent all those years with the Celtics, so you know how he feels about the Lakers. But if he can bring a little of that to Oklahoma City, they are going to be that much better.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 45
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4