Mar 14, 2011, 7:03 PM EDT
Kendrick Perkins will make his debut as the center for the Oklahoma City Thunder Monday.
The guy brought in to bring the defense and toughness along the back line that the Thunder have lacked will start in his first game for the Thunder and is not on minutes restriction, coach Scott Brooks said (via Royce Young on twitter). Getting a start against the Wizards and Andray Blatche, a guy Perkins is familiar with and can be physical with, seems a good spot.
Even before he stepped on the court, Perkins has been throwing elbows in the Western Conference.
“Yesterday’s news,” he said. “I don’t like Pau Gasol or Phil Jackson. Phil is arrogant. Pau is soft. Kobe tries to bring out his toughness, but he’s still soft.”
Kevin Durant was asked the same question and his answer was much more diplomatic.
The Thunder could use some of that swagger, that nasty streak Perkins brings to the court. He spent all those years with the Celtics, so you know how he feels about the Lakers. But if he can bring a little of that to Oklahoma City, they are going to be that much better.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 3
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25