Mar 14, 2011, 7:03 PM EDT
Kendrick Perkins will make his debut as the center for the Oklahoma City Thunder Monday.
The guy brought in to bring the defense and toughness along the back line that the Thunder have lacked will start in his first game for the Thunder and is not on minutes restriction, coach Scott Brooks said (via Royce Young on twitter). Getting a start against the Wizards and Andray Blatche, a guy Perkins is familiar with and can be physical with, seems a good spot.
Even before he stepped on the court, Perkins has been throwing elbows in the Western Conference.
“Yesterday’s news,” he said. “I don’t like Pau Gasol or Phil Jackson. Phil is arrogant. Pau is soft. Kobe tries to bring out his toughness, but he’s still soft.”
Kevin Durant was asked the same question and his answer was much more diplomatic.
The Thunder could use some of that swagger, that nasty streak Perkins brings to the court. He spent all those years with the Celtics, so you know how he feels about the Lakers. But if he can bring a little of that to Oklahoma City, they are going to be that much better.
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 5
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 30
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 9
- Clippers put on offensive showcase, take Game 1 vs. Spurs 10
- Grizzlies overpower Blazers for commanding series-opening win 7