Mar 14, 2011, 8:05 PM EST
“You guys are in store for a lot of other championships… don’t be surprised if you have six more coming.”
How did Rose take that, according to ESPNChicago?
“That’s a lot of pressure,” Rose said with a smile after the Bulls wrapped up practice Monday afternoon. “A lot of pressure, I don’t know why he did it. We’re still trying to become a 48-minute team and that’s the only thing we’re worried about right now. That, and Washington [on Tuesday], and that’s the only thing that we can do [and] worry about. And that’s the only thing we’re looking forward to right now.”
You’d almost think the ultra competitive Jordan was trying to get in the heads of the guys following in his footsteps in Chicago. Lobbing some grenades at them disguised as bouquets. Try to intimidate them a little.
Nah, Jordan would never do that. He’s moved beyond all that. Right?
These Bulls are very good and poised to get better, they may well get a title or titles. But will one group ever really dominate a decade like Jordan’s Bulls did? (I don’t look at the Lakers of the last 10 years the same way.)
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 0
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 0
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 22
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9