Mar 14, 2011, 8:05 PM EDT
“You guys are in store for a lot of other championships… don’t be surprised if you have six more coming.”
How did Rose take that, according to ESPNChicago?
“That’s a lot of pressure,” Rose said with a smile after the Bulls wrapped up practice Monday afternoon. “A lot of pressure, I don’t know why he did it. We’re still trying to become a 48-minute team and that’s the only thing we’re worried about right now. That, and Washington [on Tuesday], and that’s the only thing that we can do [and] worry about. And that’s the only thing we’re looking forward to right now.”
You’d almost think the ultra competitive Jordan was trying to get in the heads of the guys following in his footsteps in Chicago. Lobbing some grenades at them disguised as bouquets. Try to intimidate them a little.
Nah, Jordan would never do that. He’s moved beyond all that. Right?
These Bulls are very good and poised to get better, they may well get a title or titles. But will one group ever really dominate a decade like Jordan’s Bulls did? (I don’t look at the Lakers of the last 10 years the same way.)
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 20
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 24
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8