Mar 14, 2011, 8:05 PM EDT
“You guys are in store for a lot of other championships… don’t be surprised if you have six more coming.”
How did Rose take that, according to ESPNChicago?
“That’s a lot of pressure,” Rose said with a smile after the Bulls wrapped up practice Monday afternoon. “A lot of pressure, I don’t know why he did it. We’re still trying to become a 48-minute team and that’s the only thing we’re worried about right now. That, and Washington [on Tuesday], and that’s the only thing that we can do [and] worry about. And that’s the only thing we’re looking forward to right now.”
You’d almost think the ultra competitive Jordan was trying to get in the heads of the guys following in his footsteps in Chicago. Lobbing some grenades at them disguised as bouquets. Try to intimidate them a little.
Nah, Jordan would never do that. He’s moved beyond all that. Right?
These Bulls are very good and poised to get better, they may well get a title or titles. But will one group ever really dominate a decade like Jordan’s Bulls did? (I don’t look at the Lakers of the last 10 years the same way.)
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 10
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35