Mar 14, 2011, 8:05 PM EST
“You guys are in store for a lot of other championships… don’t be surprised if you have six more coming.”
How did Rose take that, according to ESPNChicago?
“That’s a lot of pressure,” Rose said with a smile after the Bulls wrapped up practice Monday afternoon. “A lot of pressure, I don’t know why he did it. We’re still trying to become a 48-minute team and that’s the only thing we’re worried about right now. That, and Washington [on Tuesday], and that’s the only thing that we can do [and] worry about. And that’s the only thing we’re looking forward to right now.”
You’d almost think the ultra competitive Jordan was trying to get in the heads of the guys following in his footsteps in Chicago. Lobbing some grenades at them disguised as bouquets. Try to intimidate them a little.
Nah, Jordan would never do that. He’s moved beyond all that. Right?
These Bulls are very good and poised to get better, they may well get a title or titles. But will one group ever really dominate a decade like Jordan’s Bulls did? (I don’t look at the Lakers of the last 10 years the same way.)
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 0
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 17
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- No stars, no problem: Spurs reserves too much for Warriors in 104-102 win 7
- Kobe injury a reality check for Lakers, doesn’t really change plan 15
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (58)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)