Mar 14, 2011, 6:29 PM EDT
Carlos Boozer is a cagey veteran, he’d not going to get pinned down into some timeline of when he will come back from a sprained ankle then have to face questions when he doesn’t meet said deadline. Call it Andrew Bynum syndrome.
So while Coach Tom Thibodeau was saying he expected Boozer back “probably within the week,” the man himself was much more vague when talking to friend of the blog Aggrey Sam of CSN Chicago.
“Getting better every day. Today was a little better than yesterday and I’m seeing good improvement, so I’m happy with that,” said Boozer after Monday’s practice at the Berto Center. “When my ankle’s ready I’ll be back, but our team is playing great.”
“I’ve got to work on my landing, huh? Bad landing, but thank God it’s just my ankle and it’s getting better, so hopefully I’ll be back very soon,” he quipped when discussing the injury—he termed the flagrant foul by Bobcats center Kwame Brown that caused it a “basketball play”—with reporters. “It’s still swollen, but it’ll get down. The pain will go away at some point.”
What does that mean? Don’t expect him Tuesday against the Wizards. Thursday against the Nets or Friday against the Pacers seems more likely. But officially Boozer is still day-to-day.
Boozer injured his ankle on a hard foul by the Bobcats Kwame Brown. Chicago has gone 2-0 without Boozer, thanks in part to good play from Kurt Thomas.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 0
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 24
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 18
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 25
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 28
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 38
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 29