Mar 13, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
Zydrunas Ilgauskas was admitted to a Miami hospital for treatment of a foot infection Sunday and is expected to miss the Heat’s Monday night game against the San Antonio Spurs.
Ilgauskas stepped on a nail in his home last Friday, which kept him out of Saturday’s game against the Grizzlies. And by game, I mean total destruction by metaphorical basketball fireball. ESPN reports that head coach Erik Spoelstra told reporters Sunday that Ilgauskas was expected to be released from the hospital Sunday afternoon, but would be held out versus the Spurs.
While Ilgauskas isn’t a real difference maker, he’ll be missed against the Spurs, who struggle with big men who can stretch the floor. Of course, the important thing is that Ilgauskas won’t wind up foaming from the mouth and afraid of water. Wait, that’s rabies. I always get those confused.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9