Mar 13, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
Zydrunas Ilgauskas was admitted to a Miami hospital for treatment of a foot infection Sunday and is expected to miss the Heat’s Monday night game against the San Antonio Spurs.
Ilgauskas stepped on a nail in his home last Friday, which kept him out of Saturday’s game against the Grizzlies. And by game, I mean total destruction by metaphorical basketball fireball. ESPN reports that head coach Erik Spoelstra told reporters Sunday that Ilgauskas was expected to be released from the hospital Sunday afternoon, but would be held out versus the Spurs.
While Ilgauskas isn’t a real difference maker, he’ll be missed against the Spurs, who struggle with big men who can stretch the floor. Of course, the important thing is that Ilgauskas won’t wind up foaming from the mouth and afraid of water. Wait, that’s rabies. I always get those confused.
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 0
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 9
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 30
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 15
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 73