Mar 13, 2011, 7:00 PM EST
Zydrunas Ilgauskas was admitted to a Miami hospital for treatment of a foot infection Sunday and is expected to miss the Heat’s Monday night game against the San Antonio Spurs.
Ilgauskas stepped on a nail in his home last Friday, which kept him out of Saturday’s game against the Grizzlies. And by game, I mean total destruction by metaphorical basketball fireball. ESPN reports that head coach Erik Spoelstra told reporters Sunday that Ilgauskas was expected to be released from the hospital Sunday afternoon, but would be held out versus the Spurs.
While Ilgauskas isn’t a real difference maker, he’ll be missed against the Spurs, who struggle with big men who can stretch the floor. Of course, the important thing is that Ilgauskas won’t wind up foaming from the mouth and afraid of water. Wait, that’s rabies. I always get those confused.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 30
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 30
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 36
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10