Mar 13, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
Zydrunas Ilgauskas was admitted to a Miami hospital for treatment of a foot infection Sunday and is expected to miss the Heat’s Monday night game against the San Antonio Spurs.
Ilgauskas stepped on a nail in his home last Friday, which kept him out of Saturday’s game against the Grizzlies. And by game, I mean total destruction by metaphorical basketball fireball. ESPN reports that head coach Erik Spoelstra told reporters Sunday that Ilgauskas was expected to be released from the hospital Sunday afternoon, but would be held out versus the Spurs.
While Ilgauskas isn’t a real difference maker, he’ll be missed against the Spurs, who struggle with big men who can stretch the floor. Of course, the important thing is that Ilgauskas won’t wind up foaming from the mouth and afraid of water. Wait, that’s rabies. I always get those confused.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 0
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 8
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 34
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13