Mar 13, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
Zydrunas Ilgauskas was admitted to a Miami hospital for treatment of a foot infection Sunday and is expected to miss the Heat’s Monday night game against the San Antonio Spurs.
Ilgauskas stepped on a nail in his home last Friday, which kept him out of Saturday’s game against the Grizzlies. And by game, I mean total destruction by metaphorical basketball fireball. ESPN reports that head coach Erik Spoelstra told reporters Sunday that Ilgauskas was expected to be released from the hospital Sunday afternoon, but would be held out versus the Spurs.
While Ilgauskas isn’t a real difference maker, he’ll be missed against the Spurs, who struggle with big men who can stretch the floor. Of course, the important thing is that Ilgauskas won’t wind up foaming from the mouth and afraid of water. Wait, that’s rabies. I always get those confused.
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 0
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6