Mar 12, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
Atlanta Hawks forward-center Josh Powell was arrested by Atlanta police prior to the Hawks’ game versus the Blazers. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Powell was arrested for failure to obey an authorized officer directing traffic, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, and obstruction.
Apparently Powell was trying to get around downtown Atlanta following the SEC tournament, and due to the traffic, became stuck in an intersection while an officer was directing him to go straight instead of turn. Powell was blocking an ambulance at the time, resulting in the emergency vehicle charge.
As a result, Powell was not available for the game against the Blazers. The Hawks released a statement acknowledging that they were aware of the situation and Powell was not with the team but declined further comment.
Even when things go right for the Hawks, something goes wrong.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 28
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 47
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 16
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55