Mar 12, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
Atlanta Hawks forward-center Josh Powell was arrested by Atlanta police prior to the Hawks’ game versus the Blazers. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Powell was arrested for failure to obey an authorized officer directing traffic, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, and obstruction.
Apparently Powell was trying to get around downtown Atlanta following the SEC tournament, and due to the traffic, became stuck in an intersection while an officer was directing him to go straight instead of turn. Powell was blocking an ambulance at the time, resulting in the emergency vehicle charge.
As a result, Powell was not available for the game against the Blazers. The Hawks released a statement acknowledging that they were aware of the situation and Powell was not with the team but declined further comment.
Even when things go right for the Hawks, something goes wrong.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 7
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 27
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 26
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10