Mar 12, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
Atlanta Hawks forward-center Josh Powell was arrested by Atlanta police prior to the Hawks’ game versus the Blazers. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Powell was arrested for failure to obey an authorized officer directing traffic, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, and obstruction.
Apparently Powell was trying to get around downtown Atlanta following the SEC tournament, and due to the traffic, became stuck in an intersection while an officer was directing him to go straight instead of turn. Powell was blocking an ambulance at the time, resulting in the emergency vehicle charge.
As a result, Powell was not available for the game against the Blazers. The Hawks released a statement acknowledging that they were aware of the situation and Powell was not with the team but declined further comment.
Even when things go right for the Hawks, something goes wrong.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41