Mar 11, 2011, 8:11 AM EDT
This was the play of the game in the Heat/Lakers showdown.
Tied 88-88 with a minute and a half to go, Kobe Bryant tries to drive left on Dwyane Wade from the top of the key (triangle offense be damned the Lakers go isolation) and Wade strips the ball. Then after chasing it down he passes ahead to LeBron, who dunks home what would be a lead the Heat would not surrender.
It’s a play that pretty much sums up how this game went in crunch time.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16