Shaq teaming up on “no holds barred” book

Mar 11, 2011, 3:39 PM EDT

Image (1) Shaq_fist-thumb-250x374-20454.jpg for post 4198

Think there might be a Kobe chapter?

According to WEEI in Boston, Shaquille O’Neal is working on a new book with one of the nation’s best sportswriters, Jackie MacMullan (via Kevin Ding at the Orange County Register).

“She knew things that I’d forgotten about. We were sitting at the house talking — we meet twice a week for three hours. She asks me questions, and I ‘ve got to dig in my old Shaqodex. I’m like, ‘That’s 13 years ago.’ It should be a very exciting book — no holds barred. ‘Tell-all’ wouldn’t be the correct term. ‘Truthful’ would be the better term.”

That could be an interesting read. Especially if he is honest with how he has dealt with going from the ultimate alpha dog in the league — one Phil Jackson sided with in Los Angeles because he dominated he locker room over Kobe — to a role player trying to help teams along.

1. dolphinphan - Mar 11, 2011 at 4:00 PM

shaqs the best. expose kobe for the @$$ he is big man

• zackd2 - Mar 11, 2011 at 4:53 PM

The guy who quit and didn’t have surgery until the season started for the Heat is the one exposing someone else as an @$$?

• zackd2 - Mar 11, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Lakers*

““I got hurt on company time, so I’ll heal on company time.”

2. thegrantreese - Mar 11, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Except, of course, history has shown that Shaq is the ass. Name a team he left on good terms?
    Every team he leavs he has bad things to say about…and there is one constant in the situation and that is always Shaq.

3. lebronsinsecurity - Mar 12, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Way back in the day I thought Shaq was somewhat entertaining, but now is he i just downright annoying.. I know many people still love him for some reason, but to me the dude just never shuts up!

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches