Mar 11, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
Back in the Jordan era, defenders out on the wing could “hand check” — put their hands on the guy with the ball — and there was no call. A little grab, a little push did not elicit a whistle. Nor did Jordan pushing off to create space.
Today (for the last decade almost), you can’t touch a guy on the wing or it’s a foul.
“The game now is so offensively driven,” Pippen said. “It’s so easy for an offensive player to keep his aggressiveness with the basketball player.”
Pippen also agreed with Jordan that Derrick Rose should be MVP this season.
Good to know that 13 years after they stopped playing together Pippen is still kissing up to Jordan.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 39
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17