Mar 11, 2011, 1:18 PM EST
Back in the Jordan era, defenders out on the wing could “hand check” — put their hands on the guy with the ball — and there was no call. A little grab, a little push did not elicit a whistle. Nor did Jordan pushing off to create space.
Today (for the last decade almost), you can’t touch a guy on the wing or it’s a foul.
“The game now is so offensively driven,” Pippen said. “It’s so easy for an offensive player to keep his aggressiveness with the basketball player.”
Pippen also agreed with Jordan that Derrick Rose should be MVP this season.
Good to know that 13 years after they stopped playing together Pippen is still kissing up to Jordan.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 7
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 9
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9