Mar 11, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
Back in the Jordan era, defenders out on the wing could “hand check” — put their hands on the guy with the ball — and there was no call. A little grab, a little push did not elicit a whistle. Nor did Jordan pushing off to create space.
Today (for the last decade almost), you can’t touch a guy on the wing or it’s a foul.
“The game now is so offensively driven,” Pippen said. “It’s so easy for an offensive player to keep his aggressiveness with the basketball player.”
Pippen also agreed with Jordan that Derrick Rose should be MVP this season.
Good to know that 13 years after they stopped playing together Pippen is still kissing up to Jordan.
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 1
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 8
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 14
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35