Bill Walton drinks Guinness. Like all men (and women) should.

Mar 11, 2011, 5:11 PM EDT

bill+walton

I come into this with bias. For one, I love Guinness. I drink it (although only in specific places that pour it right, a couple trips to Ireland spoiled me). Secondly, I love Bill Walton. The greatest San Diego Clipper ever. Sure he’s over the top and a whole bunch of other things, but he’s fun and loves the game. I’m glad he’s back around.

Combine the two and you have a winner.

This ad does just that (thanks to Eric Freeman at Ball Don’t Lie for finding it). So before you go have your Friday night Guinness, enjoy.

1. steelyres211 - Mar 11, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Guinness is over-rated.

• jhorton83 - Mar 11, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Guinness is indeed overrated. It’s for Irish drunkards and frat boys.

2. thestudiokida - Mar 11, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Guinness has a unique texture due to the nitrous tap and is a nice change of pace. I once ordered a Guinness Extra Stout at The Flying Saucer (a bar with 88 beers on tap and over 150 in all) and my server told me there’s no such beer. I suppose they aren’t keen on training because the Extra Stout is close to the original Guinness formula, unlike the Guinness Draught.

3. philtration - Mar 11, 2011 at 11:37 PM

“I come into this with bias”

What else is new?

4. loungefly74 - Mar 14, 2011 at 8:40 AM

hmmm…Guinness is the best beer. My favorite.
    …how did i get to Guinness? Let’s see…started off drinking watered down crap like bud light, coors, miller…(and @jhorton83, THAT IS WHAT FRAT BOYS DRINK…THAT AND PBR, BUSCH, ETC…THEY CAN’T AFFORD GUINNESS. GET IT RIGHT. HUH 83? WHAT DOES THAT MAKE YOU? 27, 28 IN AGE? YOU HAVE A LOT TO LEARN.)..anyway, where was I? oh yeah…after that was the designer imports beers like heineken, becks, st. paulie, etc…after that, my taste buds matured and came the micro brews and guinness, which i still love…stuff like Bell’s, CBC, North Coast, etc…but guinness is great with it’s low carbonation, cremy head, and refreshing taste. I still drink other beers but guinness is the best.

Woodson, D'Antoni's coaching futures