Mar 11, 2011, 2:24 PM EDT
I’m not sure we should look at this as Amar’e Stoudemire getting out of jail, just that his sentence was suspended. For now.
But it was the right call.
The league has rescinded the technical given to Amar’e Stoudemire (and the matching one to Brendan Haywood) during Thursday night’s Mavericks blowout of the Knicks.
That would have been Stoudemire’s 16th technical, triggering an automatic one-game suspension. Dwight Howard has already served his.
Eventually Stoudemire is going to get his 16th and sit out a game. But the NBA made the right move, it shouldn’t have been for this.
This was a Bennett Salvatore special. The referee was near midcourt with 9:37 left in the second quarter when Stoudemire and Haywood had some run-of-the-mill pushing and shoving to get a rebound. Salvatore rushed in to make the call in the lane and hit both guys with a T. Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni got so worked up he picked up a technical not long after.
D’Antoni isn’t getting his rescinded.
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 0
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 12
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 15
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 25
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 10
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy