Mar 11, 2011, 2:24 PM EDT
I’m not sure we should look at this as Amar’e Stoudemire getting out of jail, just that his sentence was suspended. For now.
But it was the right call.
The league has rescinded the technical given to Amar’e Stoudemire (and the matching one to Brendan Haywood) during Thursday night’s Mavericks blowout of the Knicks.
That would have been Stoudemire’s 16th technical, triggering an automatic one-game suspension. Dwight Howard has already served his.
Eventually Stoudemire is going to get his 16th and sit out a game. But the NBA made the right move, it shouldn’t have been for this.
This was a Bennett Salvatore special. The referee was near midcourt with 9:37 left in the second quarter when Stoudemire and Haywood had some run-of-the-mill pushing and shoving to get a rebound. Salvatore rushed in to make the call in the lane and hit both guys with a T. Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni got so worked up he picked up a technical not long after.
D’Antoni isn’t getting his rescinded.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16