This car dunk blows Blake Griffin’s away

Mar 10, 2011, 12:51 PM EDT

Sprite Slam Dunk Contest Getty Images

We all know it, the Blake Griffin car dunk was style over substance. Sizzle not steak. Jessica Alba to Scarlett Johansson. (Hey, Scarlett can actually act.)

Well meet Guy Dupey, part of the And1 crew. He pulled off this car dunk in Poland that blows Griffin’s away. This my friends is steak with the sizzle.

Blake, ball is in your court now.

1. denverhoopdreams - Mar 10, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Oh my lawdddddd! I wish I could facebook like this a thousand times. I love Griffins hops and dunks, but like you said, he needs to one up this asap.

2. zblott - Mar 10, 2011 at 1:48 PM

The NBA needs to put one And1, Flight Brothers, whatever guy in the dunk contest each year to keep it honest. Dunks like this one (or Air Up There’s 720) would show fans how much NBA guys are either dogging it or not telling the truth when they say it’s too hard to keep coming up with creative dunks.

• aqzi - Mar 10, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Why would the NBA want to promote And1?
      What they need is a HORSE contest during All Star Weekend.

• savocabol1 - Mar 10, 2011 at 2:40 PM

HORSE was tried either last year or the year before and it was the biggest joke of a competition. Durant won and it was painful to watch.

• hnirobert3 - Mar 11, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Last year’s HORSE was excruciating to watch.

3. aqzi - Mar 10, 2011 at 4:18 PM

I thought Rondo won? I watched it, and you’re right it was pretty bad. But if I remember correctly, it was put on by TNT, not the NBA, and it was G-E-I-C-O, and there were commercials every ten minutes. I’d want the real deal…maybe get some legends in there like MJ going up against current players.

• savocabol1 - Mar 10, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Yeah I think you are right with the TNT part. That was part of why it was so bad. With all these trick shot videos that are hot right now the NBA should use that in their festivities. I would watch a trick shot type competition for any of the major sports.

4. buukki - Mar 10, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Horse is trash. Real fans dont want t see that. The dunk contest is good, but they need to be putting the STARS who really ball in there. That’s what we want to see. The 3-point contest is good, the rookie/sophmore game is decent, and the skills challenge is somewhat amusing.

But what they really need is a 1 on 1 First to 5 contest among the all-stars. Pit Kobe vs DWade, Rondo vs Tony Parker, Dirk vs KG. That’s what people want to see, the best of the best going 1 on1. That’s real basketball.

• lebronsinsecurity - Mar 10, 2011 at 7:52 PM

I think your 1 on 1 idea is a great idea.. I’d watch the h*ll out of that! Not sure if any real deal star would put his ego on the line like that, but it would be great to see..

5. dysraw1 - Mar 14, 2011 at 11:30 AM

what vertical

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches