Mar 10, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
Because it wouldn’t be a big game for the Lakers if Phil Jackson didn’t take one last dig at the opponent…
In the pregame media gathering in Miami, Jackson said he was not really a fan of the “Xbox games or whatever those games are when you play 1-on-1” offense style that Erik Spoelstra put together and the Miami Heat play, Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register reports.
“I’m not a big fan of the style Miami plays. I like to see everybody involved.”
Um, that offense ripped the Lakers defense up pretty good on Christmas, didn’t it Phil?
“They moved the ball very well and got everybody involved,” said Jackson.
Not sure the already desperate Heat needed any more motivation for this game, but there you go. Phil Jackson can’t pass up lobbing verbal hand grenades into other team’s locker rooms.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 47
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 20
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6