Mar 10, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
Because it wouldn’t be a big game for the Lakers if Phil Jackson didn’t take one last dig at the opponent…
In the pregame media gathering in Miami, Jackson said he was not really a fan of the “Xbox games or whatever those games are when you play 1-on-1” offense style that Erik Spoelstra put together and the Miami Heat play, Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register reports.
“I’m not a big fan of the style Miami plays. I like to see everybody involved.”
Um, that offense ripped the Lakers defense up pretty good on Christmas, didn’t it Phil?
“They moved the ball very well and got everybody involved,” said Jackson.
Not sure the already desperate Heat needed any more motivation for this game, but there you go. Phil Jackson can’t pass up lobbing verbal hand grenades into other team’s locker rooms.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37