Mar 10, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
Because it wouldn’t be a big game for the Lakers if Phil Jackson didn’t take one last dig at the opponent…
In the pregame media gathering in Miami, Jackson said he was not really a fan of the “Xbox games or whatever those games are when you play 1-on-1” offense style that Erik Spoelstra put together and the Miami Heat play, Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register reports.
“I’m not a big fan of the style Miami plays. I like to see everybody involved.”
Um, that offense ripped the Lakers defense up pretty good on Christmas, didn’t it Phil?
“They moved the ball very well and got everybody involved,” said Jackson.
Not sure the already desperate Heat needed any more motivation for this game, but there you go. Phil Jackson can’t pass up lobbing verbal hand grenades into other team’s locker rooms.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 29
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 31
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18