Mar 10, 2011, 2:03 PM EDT
Stan Van Gundy called NBA Commissioner David Stern a dictator. In so many words. He said Stern does not allow a diversity of opinions or people to express their thoughts.
Stern is not amused.
Hence his comments on ESPN Radio’s Colin Cowherd show Thursday.
“I would just render a guess that we’re not going to be hearing from him for the rest of the season…
“Oh, I have whatever influence the (league) bylaws and constitution give me, and they’re substantial, but I have a feeling that some modicum of self restraint will cause Stan and the team for which he works to rein in his abhorrent behavior.”
Of course, that comment really makes Van Gundy’s original point better than Van Gundy could.
You know Van Gundy will have a response. He’ll try not to. He may even make it a few days. But at some point, in a moment of frustration, it will slip. Then Van Gundy will write a big check.
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 5
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 12
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 23
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 7
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy