Mar 10, 2011, 2:03 PM EDT
Stan Van Gundy called NBA Commissioner David Stern a dictator. In so many words. He said Stern does not allow a diversity of opinions or people to express their thoughts.
Stern is not amused.
Hence his comments on ESPN Radio’s Colin Cowherd show Thursday.
“I would just render a guess that we’re not going to be hearing from him for the rest of the season…
“Oh, I have whatever influence the (league) bylaws and constitution give me, and they’re substantial, but I have a feeling that some modicum of self restraint will cause Stan and the team for which he works to rein in his abhorrent behavior.”
Of course, that comment really makes Van Gundy’s original point better than Van Gundy could.
You know Van Gundy will have a response. He’ll try not to. He may even make it a few days. But at some point, in a moment of frustration, it will slip. Then Van Gundy will write a big check.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 0
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8