Mar 10, 2011, 2:03 PM EDT
Stan Van Gundy called NBA Commissioner David Stern a dictator. In so many words. He said Stern does not allow a diversity of opinions or people to express their thoughts.
Stern is not amused.
Hence his comments on ESPN Radio’s Colin Cowherd show Thursday.
“I would just render a guess that we’re not going to be hearing from him for the rest of the season…
“Oh, I have whatever influence the (league) bylaws and constitution give me, and they’re substantial, but I have a feeling that some modicum of self restraint will cause Stan and the team for which he works to rein in his abhorrent behavior.”
Of course, that comment really makes Van Gundy’s original point better than Van Gundy could.
You know Van Gundy will have a response. He’ll try not to. He may even make it a few days. But at some point, in a moment of frustration, it will slip. Then Van Gundy will write a big check.
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 0
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 31
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 26
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 36