Mar 10, 2011, 2:03 PM EDT
Stan Van Gundy called NBA Commissioner David Stern a dictator. In so many words. He said Stern does not allow a diversity of opinions or people to express their thoughts.
Stern is not amused.
Hence his comments on ESPN Radio’s Colin Cowherd show Thursday.
“I would just render a guess that we’re not going to be hearing from him for the rest of the season…
“Oh, I have whatever influence the (league) bylaws and constitution give me, and they’re substantial, but I have a feeling that some modicum of self restraint will cause Stan and the team for which he works to rein in his abhorrent behavior.”
Of course, that comment really makes Van Gundy’s original point better than Van Gundy could.
You know Van Gundy will have a response. He’ll try not to. He may even make it a few days. But at some point, in a moment of frustration, it will slip. Then Van Gundy will write a big check.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49