Mar 10, 2011, 2:03 PM EDT
Stan Van Gundy called NBA Commissioner David Stern a dictator. In so many words. He said Stern does not allow a diversity of opinions or people to express their thoughts.
Stern is not amused.
Hence his comments on ESPN Radio’s Colin Cowherd show Thursday.
“I would just render a guess that we’re not going to be hearing from him for the rest of the season…
“Oh, I have whatever influence the (league) bylaws and constitution give me, and they’re substantial, but I have a feeling that some modicum of self restraint will cause Stan and the team for which he works to rein in his abhorrent behavior.”
Of course, that comment really makes Van Gundy’s original point better than Van Gundy could.
You know Van Gundy will have a response. He’ll try not to. He may even make it a few days. But at some point, in a moment of frustration, it will slip. Then Van Gundy will write a big check.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 20
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 68
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30