Mar 10, 2011, 3:13 PM EST
Carlos Boozer had some swelling in his ankle and will be out a few days to a week, according to Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau. He is officially listed as day-to-day.
“If the swelling is down more, he’ll go [Friday night, when the Bulls host the Atlanta Hawks],” Thibodeau said after the Bulls practice Thursday at the Berto Center. “It could be anywhere from a couple days to a week.”
Not ideal, but after watching the video of the flagrant foul by Charlotte’s Kwame Brown below, you have to think this could have been a lot worse.
Taj Gibson will get the start. He will be backed up by Rasual Butler, who is now activated for Chicago.
Chicago has he rare home back-to-back Friday and Saturday against Atlanta and Utah. Then they play Washington Tuesday before traveling to New Jersey next Thursday.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)