Mar 10, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
Carlos Boozer had some swelling in his ankle and will be out a few days to a week, according to Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau. He is officially listed as day-to-day.
“If the swelling is down more, he’ll go [Friday night, when the Bulls host the Atlanta Hawks],” Thibodeau said after the Bulls practice Thursday at the Berto Center. “It could be anywhere from a couple days to a week.”
Not ideal, but after watching the video of the flagrant foul by Charlotte’s Kwame Brown below, you have to think this could have been a lot worse.
Taj Gibson will get the start. He will be backed up by Rasual Butler, who is now activated for Chicago.
Chicago has he rare home back-to-back Friday and Saturday against Atlanta and Utah. Then they play Washington Tuesday before traveling to New Jersey next Thursday.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13