Mar 10, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
Carlos Boozer had some swelling in his ankle and will be out a few days to a week, according to Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau. He is officially listed as day-to-day.
“If the swelling is down more, he’ll go [Friday night, when the Bulls host the Atlanta Hawks],” Thibodeau said after the Bulls practice Thursday at the Berto Center. “It could be anywhere from a couple days to a week.”
Not ideal, but after watching the video of the flagrant foul by Charlotte’s Kwame Brown below, you have to think this could have been a lot worse.
Taj Gibson will get the start. He will be backed up by Rasual Butler, who is now activated for Chicago.
Chicago has he rare home back-to-back Friday and Saturday against Atlanta and Utah. Then they play Washington Tuesday before traveling to New Jersey next Thursday.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 4
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 18
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14