Mar 10, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
Carlos Boozer had some swelling in his ankle and will be out a few days to a week, according to Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau. He is officially listed as day-to-day.
“If the swelling is down more, he’ll go [Friday night, when the Bulls host the Atlanta Hawks],” Thibodeau said after the Bulls practice Thursday at the Berto Center. “It could be anywhere from a couple days to a week.”
Not ideal, but after watching the video of the flagrant foul by Charlotte’s Kwame Brown below, you have to think this could have been a lot worse.
Taj Gibson will get the start. He will be backed up by Rasual Butler, who is now activated for Chicago.
Chicago has he rare home back-to-back Friday and Saturday against Atlanta and Utah. Then they play Washington Tuesday before traveling to New Jersey next Thursday.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9