Mar 10, 2011, 10:54 PM EST
Amar’e Stoudemire’s status for Sunday’s Knicks game against the Pacers is now in doubt as he picked up his 16th technical Thursday night, the number that triggers an automatic one-game suspension.
Although, don’t be shocked if the league rescinds this one.
Everyone’s favorite referee (*cough, cough*) Bennett Salvatore rushed in with 9:37 left in the second quarter after Stoudemire and Dallas’ Brendan Haywood had some run-of-the-mill pushing and shoving to get a rebound. It was nothing that doesn’t happen a dozen times a game, but Salvatore raced in from half court to make the call in the lane.
Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni was so heated up on this one he picked up a technical not long after.
If it stands, Stoudemire would join Dwight Howard as the only NBA players to get to 16 technicals and the automatic suspension Stephen Jackson of the Bobcats has 14.
But this one should not stand. There was nothing close to deserving a technical there.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 6
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 2
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 18
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 48
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12