Mar 10, 2011, 10:54 PM EDT
Amar’e Stoudemire’s status for Sunday’s Knicks game against the Pacers is now in doubt as he picked up his 16th technical Thursday night, the number that triggers an automatic one-game suspension.
Although, don’t be shocked if the league rescinds this one.
Everyone’s favorite referee (*cough, cough*) Bennett Salvatore rushed in with 9:37 left in the second quarter after Stoudemire and Dallas’ Brendan Haywood had some run-of-the-mill pushing and shoving to get a rebound. It was nothing that doesn’t happen a dozen times a game, but Salvatore raced in from half court to make the call in the lane.
Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni was so heated up on this one he picked up a technical not long after.
If it stands, Stoudemire would join Dwight Howard as the only NBA players to get to 16 technicals and the automatic suspension Stephen Jackson of the Bobcats has 14.
But this one should not stand. There was nothing close to deserving a technical there.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70