Mar 9, 2011, 11:45 PM EDT
UPDATE 11:45 pm: Looks like we’re going to have to wait until Thursday for any definitive answers on Boozer’s leg. Here is what coach Tom Thibodeau told the Associated Press after the game:
“X-ray was negative and we’ll have to wait and see (Thursday) what type of swelling he has,” coach Tom Thibodeau said.
10:33 pm: The video looks scary. Very scary. But it may turn out to be not that serious.
Carlos Boozer left in the fourth quarter of the Bulls win over Charlotte with what is officially being called a sprained ankle. X-rays were negative but how severe a sprain and how long he could be out is not yet known.
With 4:24 left in the game and the Bulls up by 17, Kyle Korver leaves a nifty little pass to Boozer who was on the baseline and cut in for a dunk. Kwame Brown was late on the coverage (shocking, I know) and opted for the hard foul.
Boozer went down awkwardly, as you can see in the video. As we get any updates on his condition we will pass them along.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 14
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 30
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 54
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4