Mar 9, 2011, 11:45 PM EDT
UPDATE 11:45 pm: Looks like we’re going to have to wait until Thursday for any definitive answers on Boozer’s leg. Here is what coach Tom Thibodeau told the Associated Press after the game:
“X-ray was negative and we’ll have to wait and see (Thursday) what type of swelling he has,” coach Tom Thibodeau said.
10:33 pm: The video looks scary. Very scary. But it may turn out to be not that serious.
Carlos Boozer left in the fourth quarter of the Bulls win over Charlotte with what is officially being called a sprained ankle. X-rays were negative but how severe a sprain and how long he could be out is not yet known.
With 4:24 left in the game and the Bulls up by 17, Kyle Korver leaves a nifty little pass to Boozer who was on the baseline and cut in for a dunk. Kwame Brown was late on the coverage (shocking, I know) and opted for the hard foul.
Boozer went down awkwardly, as you can see in the video. As we get any updates on his condition we will pass them along.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 54
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31