Mar 9, 2011, 11:45 PM EST
UPDATE 11:45 pm: Looks like we’re going to have to wait until Thursday for any definitive answers on Boozer’s leg. Here is what coach Tom Thibodeau told the Associated Press after the game:
“X-ray was negative and we’ll have to wait and see (Thursday) what type of swelling he has,” coach Tom Thibodeau said.
10:33 pm: The video looks scary. Very scary. But it may turn out to be not that serious.
Carlos Boozer left in the fourth quarter of the Bulls win over Charlotte with what is officially being called a sprained ankle. X-rays were negative but how severe a sprain and how long he could be out is not yet known.
With 4:24 left in the game and the Bulls up by 17, Kyle Korver leaves a nifty little pass to Boozer who was on the baseline and cut in for a dunk. Kwame Brown was late on the coverage (shocking, I know) and opted for the hard foul.
Boozer went down awkwardly, as you can see in the video. As we get any updates on his condition we will pass them along.
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 2
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 6
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 7
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 18
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 24
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13