Mar 9, 2011, 11:45 PM EDT
UPDATE 11:45 pm: Looks like we’re going to have to wait until Thursday for any definitive answers on Boozer’s leg. Here is what coach Tom Thibodeau told the Associated Press after the game:
“X-ray was negative and we’ll have to wait and see (Thursday) what type of swelling he has,” coach Tom Thibodeau said.
10:33 pm: The video looks scary. Very scary. But it may turn out to be not that serious.
Carlos Boozer left in the fourth quarter of the Bulls win over Charlotte with what is officially being called a sprained ankle. X-rays were negative but how severe a sprain and how long he could be out is not yet known.
With 4:24 left in the game and the Bulls up by 17, Kyle Korver leaves a nifty little pass to Boozer who was on the baseline and cut in for a dunk. Kwame Brown was late on the coverage (shocking, I know) and opted for the hard foul.
Boozer went down awkwardly, as you can see in the video. As we get any updates on his condition we will pass them along.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7