Mar 9, 2011, 11:45 PM EDT
UPDATE 11:45 pm: Looks like we’re going to have to wait until Thursday for any definitive answers on Boozer’s leg. Here is what coach Tom Thibodeau told the Associated Press after the game:
“X-ray was negative and we’ll have to wait and see (Thursday) what type of swelling he has,” coach Tom Thibodeau said.
10:33 pm: The video looks scary. Very scary. But it may turn out to be not that serious.
Carlos Boozer left in the fourth quarter of the Bulls win over Charlotte with what is officially being called a sprained ankle. X-rays were negative but how severe a sprain and how long he could be out is not yet known.
With 4:24 left in the game and the Bulls up by 17, Kyle Korver leaves a nifty little pass to Boozer who was on the baseline and cut in for a dunk. Kwame Brown was late on the coverage (shocking, I know) and opted for the hard foul.
Boozer went down awkwardly, as you can see in the video. As we get any updates on his condition we will pass them along.
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 27
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 52
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 31
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 26
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 22