Mar 9, 2011, 2:57 PM EDT
No pressure Derrick.
It’s just that the owner of the Bulls Jerry Reinsdorf — who paragraphs before admitted he thought they might win one title with Michael Jordan back in the day — told the Chicago Sun Times you could win four.
‘‘If you don’t see something special in Derrick Rose, then you’re blind,’’ Reinsdorf said. ‘‘We have an outstanding coach, an outstanding bunch of players, the team is deep, and if we stay healthy, we have an awfully good chance of winning at least four championships.’’
Rose is a special talent. The kind of guy you build a franchise around. And the Bulls have done a good job of that with Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer and a host of quality role players. Just need somebody at the two.
But four titles? So, Kobe Bryant/Tim Duncan of the last decade levels? It’s good to have lofty goals and another to publically pressure a young player 22-year-old with said goals. Maybe you meant to sound confident, but it comes off as a prediction. Ron Powlus would like to have a word with you.
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 8
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 50
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 58
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 29
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 19
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 54
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3