Mar 9, 2011, 2:57 PM EDT
No pressure Derrick.
It’s just that the owner of the Bulls Jerry Reinsdorf — who paragraphs before admitted he thought they might win one title with Michael Jordan back in the day — told the Chicago Sun Times you could win four.
‘‘If you don’t see something special in Derrick Rose, then you’re blind,’’ Reinsdorf said. ‘‘We have an outstanding coach, an outstanding bunch of players, the team is deep, and if we stay healthy, we have an awfully good chance of winning at least four championships.’’
Rose is a special talent. The kind of guy you build a franchise around. And the Bulls have done a good job of that with Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer and a host of quality role players. Just need somebody at the two.
But four titles? So, Kobe Bryant/Tim Duncan of the last decade levels? It’s good to have lofty goals and another to publically pressure a young player 22-year-old with said goals. Maybe you meant to sound confident, but it comes off as a prediction. Ron Powlus would like to have a word with you.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 54
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 17
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31