Mar 9, 2011, 2:57 PM EDT
No pressure Derrick.
It’s just that the owner of the Bulls Jerry Reinsdorf — who paragraphs before admitted he thought they might win one title with Michael Jordan back in the day — told the Chicago Sun Times you could win four.
‘‘If you don’t see something special in Derrick Rose, then you’re blind,’’ Reinsdorf said. ‘‘We have an outstanding coach, an outstanding bunch of players, the team is deep, and if we stay healthy, we have an awfully good chance of winning at least four championships.’’
Rose is a special talent. The kind of guy you build a franchise around. And the Bulls have done a good job of that with Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer and a host of quality role players. Just need somebody at the two.
But four titles? So, Kobe Bryant/Tim Duncan of the last decade levels? It’s good to have lofty goals and another to publically pressure a young player 22-year-old with said goals. Maybe you meant to sound confident, but it comes off as a prediction. Ron Powlus would like to have a word with you.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 2
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 5
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14