Mar 9, 2011, 2:57 PM EST
No pressure Derrick.
It’s just that the owner of the Bulls Jerry Reinsdorf — who paragraphs before admitted he thought they might win one title with Michael Jordan back in the day — told the Chicago Sun Times you could win four.
‘‘If you don’t see something special in Derrick Rose, then you’re blind,’’ Reinsdorf said. ‘‘We have an outstanding coach, an outstanding bunch of players, the team is deep, and if we stay healthy, we have an awfully good chance of winning at least four championships.’’
Rose is a special talent. The kind of guy you build a franchise around. And the Bulls have done a good job of that with Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer and a host of quality role players. Just need somebody at the two.
But four titles? So, Kobe Bryant/Tim Duncan of the last decade levels? It’s good to have lofty goals and another to publically pressure a young player 22-year-old with said goals. Maybe you meant to sound confident, but it comes off as a prediction. Ron Powlus would like to have a word with you.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 0
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 20
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 35
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (63)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)