Mar 9, 2011, 2:57 PM EST
No pressure Derrick.
It’s just that the owner of the Bulls Jerry Reinsdorf — who paragraphs before admitted he thought they might win one title with Michael Jordan back in the day — told the Chicago Sun Times you could win four.
‘‘If you don’t see something special in Derrick Rose, then you’re blind,’’ Reinsdorf said. ‘‘We have an outstanding coach, an outstanding bunch of players, the team is deep, and if we stay healthy, we have an awfully good chance of winning at least four championships.’’
Rose is a special talent. The kind of guy you build a franchise around. And the Bulls have done a good job of that with Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer and a host of quality role players. Just need somebody at the two.
But four titles? So, Kobe Bryant/Tim Duncan of the last decade levels? It’s good to have lofty goals and another to publically pressure a young player 22-year-old with said goals. Maybe you meant to sound confident, but it comes off as a prediction. Ron Powlus would like to have a word with you.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 4
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 14
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 28
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 20
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3