Mar 9, 2011, 3:24 AM EDT
What you missed while laughing at the best mugshot ever….
The Trail Blazers handing the Heat their fifth consecutive loss was our game of the night.
Lakers 101, Hawks 87: The Lakers defense remains the engine of a train that has now won eight in a row (heading against a desperate Miami team Thursday). The Lakers defense right now dares you to take the midrange, the Hawks love the jumper, but the shot was not falling. The Hawks shot just 39.8 percent as a team and that includes 4-of-14 from Joe Johnson. The game itself was not that thrilling, the Lakers started to pull away in the second and blew it wide open in the third. Andrew Bynum had 16 and 16.
Sixers 110, Pacers 100: The Pacers had one of those players-only meetings a couple nights ago, then came out and just laid an egg. So, they don’t always work. The Sixers had seven guys in double figures, they were very balanced. Tyler Hansbrough led the Pacers with 26. Any time the words “Tyler Hansbrough” and leading scorer are in the same sentence, it’s bad for Indiana.
Warriors 95, Cavaliers 85: Before the Cavs traded for Baron Davis, Ramon Sessions was playing some good ball at the point for the Cavs. Since the trade he is 13-42 (31 percent), our own John Korlik notes at Cavs the Blog. Baron Davis is playing fairly well and had a team high 19 for Cleveland. This still looked like a lot of Cavs games where the opponent doesn’t respect them, the Cavs get up early (30-18 after one) then the light comes on and everything flips.
Bucks 95, Wizards 76: The Bucks offense looked better for a night, although that may have a lot to do with how bad the Wizards were. Brandon Jennings had 23, John Salmons had 22 (the back court looked more like what we e.
Suns 113, Rockets 110: The most entertaining game of the night, fast paced (97 possessions) and both teams were knocking down shots all game. Big win for the Suns as they are now 1.5 games out of the eighth seed in the West while the Rockets fall 3.5 games back. That’s a lot of ground to make up.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40