Mar 8, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT
We hadn’t put up a video of Blake Griffin dunking in more than a week, and if we didn’t do it today we could have been drummed out of the NBA bloggers union. (Sure, there’s a union, and we voted J.E. Skeets president.)
Blake helped us out by putting up a sweet ally-oop against the Bobcats Monday. What’s sad is that the first time I saw this I thought “he’s done better.” That is how spoiled we have become. We almost root for the bad ally-oop pass because that is when he is forced to do something otherworldly.
We should not take this for granted. Big men that run the floor and dunk with such power don’t come along often. Savor these moments.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 31
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 10
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 15
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23