Mar 8, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT
We hadn’t put up a video of Blake Griffin dunking in more than a week, and if we didn’t do it today we could have been drummed out of the NBA bloggers union. (Sure, there’s a union, and we voted J.E. Skeets president.)
Blake helped us out by putting up a sweet ally-oop against the Bobcats Monday. What’s sad is that the first time I saw this I thought “he’s done better.” That is how spoiled we have become. We almost root for the bad ally-oop pass because that is when he is forced to do something otherworldly.
We should not take this for granted. Big men that run the floor and dunk with such power don’t come along often. Savor these moments.
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 3
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 43
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 33
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 29
- The Extra Pass: Talking “Summer Dreams” with producer of Summer League documentary 0