Mar 8, 2011, 12:41 PM EDT
Eminem may have gone all in for rebuilding Detroit, but don’t expect Tracy McGrady to join him.
Not the city, the Pistons in McGrady’s case.
McGrady has proven to be a solid, veteran point guard this season in Detroit. Think Ron Harper at the end of his career, a guy who played within himself and made solid decisions. Shooting pretty well, solid assist to turnover ratio. A guy a lot of teams could use.
So, he’s sat on the bench the last five games in Detroit. I’ve given up trying to figure out what John Kuester is doing, take your own guess on this one.
But know the sitting and everything else in this turbulent season has the re-established McGrady thinking about getting out of town, he told Chris Iott of MLive.com.
“Oh, of course. Of course,” McGrady said (of thinking of leaving). “I left my family back in Houston and I came here to dedicate myself and get back healthy and help this team win, and this is going on? Of course I’m going to think about it. I’ve already thought about it.
“I want to play. It’s a very frustrating time for me right now.”
Teams were cautious about McGrady and his reconstructed knees last summer. This season he has proven he has become a solid veteran player at the point, and a lot of teams could use that. He’s going to get offers.
And he’s going to be out of Detroit.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 49
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 46
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 20
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 7