Mar 8, 2011, 12:41 PM EDT
Eminem may have gone all in for rebuilding Detroit, but don’t expect Tracy McGrady to join him.
Not the city, the Pistons in McGrady’s case.
McGrady has proven to be a solid, veteran point guard this season in Detroit. Think Ron Harper at the end of his career, a guy who played within himself and made solid decisions. Shooting pretty well, solid assist to turnover ratio. A guy a lot of teams could use.
So, he’s sat on the bench the last five games in Detroit. I’ve given up trying to figure out what John Kuester is doing, take your own guess on this one.
But know the sitting and everything else in this turbulent season has the re-established McGrady thinking about getting out of town, he told Chris Iott of MLive.com.
“Oh, of course. Of course,” McGrady said (of thinking of leaving). “I left my family back in Houston and I came here to dedicate myself and get back healthy and help this team win, and this is going on? Of course I’m going to think about it. I’ve already thought about it.
“I want to play. It’s a very frustrating time for me right now.”
Teams were cautious about McGrady and his reconstructed knees last summer. This season he has proven he has become a solid veteran player at the point, and a lot of teams could use that. He’s going to get offers.
And he’s going to be out of Detroit.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 6
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1