Mar 8, 2011, 12:41 PM EDT
Eminem may have gone all in for rebuilding Detroit, but don’t expect Tracy McGrady to join him.
Not the city, the Pistons in McGrady’s case.
McGrady has proven to be a solid, veteran point guard this season in Detroit. Think Ron Harper at the end of his career, a guy who played within himself and made solid decisions. Shooting pretty well, solid assist to turnover ratio. A guy a lot of teams could use.
So, he’s sat on the bench the last five games in Detroit. I’ve given up trying to figure out what John Kuester is doing, take your own guess on this one.
But know the sitting and everything else in this turbulent season has the re-established McGrady thinking about getting out of town, he told Chris Iott of MLive.com.
“Oh, of course. Of course,” McGrady said (of thinking of leaving). “I left my family back in Houston and I came here to dedicate myself and get back healthy and help this team win, and this is going on? Of course I’m going to think about it. I’ve already thought about it.
“I want to play. It’s a very frustrating time for me right now.”
Teams were cautious about McGrady and his reconstructed knees last summer. This season he has proven he has become a solid veteran player at the point, and a lot of teams could use that. He’s going to get offers.
And he’s going to be out of Detroit.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85