Tracy McGrady not going to be part of rebuilding Detroit

Mar 8, 2011, 12:41 PM EDT

Detroit Pistons v Miami Heat Getty Images

Eminem may have gone all in for rebuilding Detroit, but don’t expect Tracy McGrady to join him.

Not the city, the Pistons in McGrady’s case.

McGrady has proven to be a solid, veteran point guard this season in Detroit. Think Ron Harper at the end of his career, a guy who played within himself and made solid decisions. Shooting pretty well, solid assist to turnover ratio. A guy a lot of teams could use.

So, he’s sat on the bench the last five games in Detroit. I’ve given up trying to figure out what John Kuester is doing, take your own guess on this one.

But know the sitting and everything else in this turbulent season has the re-established McGrady thinking about getting out of town, he told Chris Iott of MLive.com.

“Oh, of course. Of course,” McGrady said (of thinking of leaving). “I left my family back in Houston and I came here to dedicate myself and get back healthy and help this team win, and this is going on? Of course I’m going to think about it. I’ve already thought about it.

“I want to play. It’s a very frustrating time for me right now.”

Teams were cautious about McGrady and his reconstructed knees last summer. This season he has proven he has become a solid veteran player at the point, and a lot of teams could use that. He’s going to get offers.

And he’s going to be out of Detroit.

1. loungefly74 - Mar 8, 2011 at 12:54 PM

i never liked t-mac. extremely over-rated. when he was the focal point, he never made his teammates better. BUT as a guy who comes off the bench, he is valuable.

2. massivedick - Mar 8, 2011 at 1:09 PM

only reason t-mac has a job is because the piston suck so much. we were glad his soft ass left houston.

3. dysraw1 - Mar 8, 2011 at 2:33 PM

hey the knicks shouldve known better

• rapmusicmademedoit - Mar 8, 2011 at 7:02 PM

why r u taking about the knicks ?

• dysraw1 - Mar 9, 2011 at 10:21 AM

the knicks couldve had t mac under contract 4 dirt cheap

4. zackd2 - Mar 8, 2011 at 4:40 PM

““I want to play. It’s a very frustrating time for me right now.””

Imagine how your coach feels after you and your teammates (who sucked) disrespected him after he got ejected. Go retire you bum.

• raneilangelo - Mar 8, 2011 at 9:06 PM

kuester???? the truth is kuester’s the bum, cmon, its already mar and he still didnt figure out w/c line up is the best. GO RETIRE YOU BUM KUESTER

5. rapmusicmademedoit - Mar 8, 2011 at 7:29 PM

this will surely set the Pistons back another four years , I just want to cry about this.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches